Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is there any IMA FUSE under engine compartment connected to 12v battery??? If so please give me a number location of fuse.

Any IMA FUSE interior under dashboard? If so please give me a number location of fuse.

Is somewhere battery is chewing up ....? Fuse issues.

Is there any IMA FUSE under engine compartment connected to 12v battery??? If so please give me a number location of fuse.

Any IMA FUSE interior under dashboard? If so please give me a number location of fuse.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I believe the fuse locations are in the owner's manual. (You might be able to find a link to that via google or on here)

There is also a flexible panel underneath steering wheel with fuse data on the back of it.

Searching on here for 'ima fuse locations' etc brings up lots of hits.

We still need the proper diagnostic code..

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
How did that happen? If you had gotten the codes it would have pointed to the fan and you may have found the issue sooner. Your Under hood battery may still be compromised and you should consider a load test or replacement of the under hood battery.

IMA battery Cooling fan wire were disconnected. (Wire issues).

So the problem is solved by reconnect the wire to cooling fan motor blower.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have diagnosed but still no code showed it up. So I took of the right side panels and covers. Then I found out the wire were disconnect.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have diagnosed but still no code showed it up. So I took of the right side panels and covers. Then I found out the wire were disconnect.

Thanks for your help.
Do you have any idea how these wires got disconnected? Did you touch them in the past or did they get disconnected spontaneously?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have any idea how these wires got disconnected? Did you touch them in the past or did they get disconnected spontaneously?
No idea at all, how the wires got disconnected....

I have testdrive my car and all the IMA Checklight were gone. IMA battery is charging properly. After 5hrs, I start my car is not starting up. Not even unlock and lock is powering up. I used the key to open the door and after that I start the car, the car not started up and just getting blinking lights after I put the starter on start engine.

Is the12v battery is dead.? Does it chewing the battery somewhere.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have testdrive my car and all the IMA Checklight were gone. IMA battery is charging properly. After 5hrs, I start my car is not starting up. Not even unlock and lock is powering up. I used the key to open the door and after that I start the car, the car not started up and just getting blinking lights after I put the starter on start engine.

When I first got my CR-Z, the 12V battery was (almost) dead and it did the same thing. Nothing worked, but the dash flashed like a christmas tree. So yes, I think your 12V battery should be replaced.

Did you have the ignition on a lot without the engine runinng? Maybe while trying to find the cause of the problem you had?

My 12V battery was bad when I got my CR-Z, but it conpletely died after checking all exterior lights, radio, etc. without the engine running.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does the 12v battery looses power because of alarm system. How to check in crz the alarm system is working properly.

·
Registered
442 Posts
funny how when i first had it people thought it was just me and now 12volt batteries are getting chewed up left right and centre.
Out of interest did you not drive your CRZ for a long time like say weeks or even months?
And is yours a ZF1 2011-2012 or ZF2 2013-2015

·
Registered
32 Posts
funny how when i first had it people thought it was just me and now 12volt batteries are getting chewed up left right and centre.
Out of interest did you not drive your CRZ for a long time like say weeks or even months?
ZF1 2012

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Yes , your under hood battery is dead Replace it.

With the IMA not working properly it kills the under hood battery as it was not getting charged. As I said at the beginning of your threads have the under hood battery Load Tested ( not a volt meter check and car has to not be running). At this point replace it.

While the car uses the IMA battery for starting you need a minimally working under hood battery to start the process. It will go from working to not working very quickly. Your description is very similar to everyone else who has had under hood battery failures. Replace the under hood battery.

There is also an issue where if the under hood battery voltage gets low enough the alarm goes off which drops it to dead as the horn draws a lot.

Add to that the possibility of the hood switch failing which causes the alarm to go off which drops the battery voltage and you have a recipe for a bad life for the under hood battery. Once it is discharged that low it is better to replace it. You can charge it but it is probably permanently damaged.

Replace it ASAP and if you think that switch has failed disconnect it. Or at least disconnect it for a day or two and see if new battery maintains charge.

At minimum put the under hood battery on a charger as it is not getting fully charged from the car with the issues you were or are having but if it were me that battery would be replaced.

Does the 12v battery looses power because of alarm system. How to check in crz the alarm system is working properly.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
He has had an IMA light which we now know was a disconnected cooling fan and another warning light that appears to be battery related for a while but not being in a language I can read not sure what the lights said. With IMA fan disconnected the system probably shut down the IMA system and the under hood battery was not getting charged.

Can it be brought back by using a charger? I doubt it and that is why I said to replace it. He never did the load test and at this point not worth messing with it just replace it.

Summary: IMA was not working, under hood battery now dead! Replace under hood battery. Drive car after replacement to get IMA battery cycled/charged.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have to wonder, why was the fan disconnected? Presumably something wasn't right and somebody thought that was a solution. Just plugging it back in may not be the end of this. Is there a possible failure mode for the fan where it draws current when the car is off?
For now, I'd definitely address the immediate issue of the dead 12V battery, a replacement would be best since it was fully discharged but if that's not convenient then a full charge with an external charger preferably the "smart" type. Then test it when fully charged and if it fails replace it.
I'd also do a drain test to see if anything is pulling excess current when the car is sitting. If a high drain is present disconnect things until it drops to normal, beginning with the fan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey everyone! How’re you all doing, I just joined the crz community by recently purchasing on of my own. It’s been a great car so far asides from the fact that there was a IMA light on which turned off on its own a day after, I did an OBD scan just to be sure and there was no issue, my car has at times failed at its auto stop feature but I didn’t think much of it, after the light was gone the auto stop worked fine until yesterday when the IMA light turned on again, I don’t drive my car all that much so maybe that’s the issue, being that a battery charges the more you drive, can any of you further give me some insight on what this IMA light may suggest.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi, welcome here! Often the 12V battery is the cause of such warning lights. So I would suggest replacing that one, espcially if you don't drive a lot.

Also, please use the search function in the future. For example, a topic with the exact same title was active just a few days ago: IMA Light On

·
Registered
778 Posts
Normal (cheap) OBD scanners cannot talk to the IMA.

There will be a stored code if the IMA light has been on unless you have disconnected the 12v battery or it has gone flat.
So you will need a decent bit of OBD kit or clone Honda HDS from e-bay ~$100 to read it.

We can't really diagnose IMA faults without the diagnostic codes.

The 12V is always a bit suspect so check and change/charge that if necessary.
Of course if you change it you will clear any stored IMA code.
So I suggest read codes first if possible, or otherwise you will have to wait until the IMA light comes on again before reading.

201 - 220 of 223 Posts