Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just got my CR-Z about a month ago and the IMA light has come on. I hadn't driven the car in a bout 2 days and last night going out the low fuel light came on, no worries I'll just get gas but no sooner than I shut the car off and restart it the IMA light comes on and is still on this morning.

So I called Honda and was told just to bring it in and it is covered since I only have 2,100 miles on it. I don't know but it just seemed the service associate was a bit cavalier about something that could possibly be a big problem but on the other hand he did say the car may just need an "update" of sorts.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed since I traded in my old Civic Hybrid since the IMA light had just come on after 7 years and 170k miles and did not want to pay the $3k to get new batteries.

Anyway I am going into the Honda dealer tomorrow to see what the problem is, hope it's nothing major...wish me luck!

Thanks for listening :) :(

·
Registered
807 Posts
Please keep us updated on the diagnosis and the resolution.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At dealer now waiting! Think its gonna be a long morning we'll see how this plays out, I will post if/when I have news.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the service rep was pretty funny this morning stating my IMA warranty was 150 mile over the coverage! I needed a lil humor this morning and he was extremely helpful and funny!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just talked to the rep he says there is a "hard error" and there is a problem with the IMA. So today I get a car and they call Honda tomorrow and see what needs to be done.

Not happy!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hey at least your car is in warranty. Don't worry!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey at least your car is in warranty. Don't worry!

I'll try not to worry but can't make any promises! Just disappointed, this is my 3rd Honda, 2nd hybrid my Civic lasted 7 years and 170k miles before IMA gave me problems.

Thanks everyone for the support.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just heard back from Matthew at Pohnaka Honda and it appears rodents have chewed through some wires in the engine compartment! Seriously no respect!! I hope that's all it is.

Props to Pohanka for the quick work, thank you!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
holy cow - are they still going to cover that?

I recommend getting a ton of mousetraps and leaving them all over the garage!

·
Registered
669 Posts
So what can we learn from this? Apparently new Hondas taste better than the old ones! I see a new ad campaign coming! "Tastes great and less fill-ups"

I hope they will do a goodwill repair and cover this for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
holy cow - are they still going to cover that?

I recommend getting a ton of mousetraps and leaving them all over the garage!
Wish I had a garage, we live on a farm and actually have had this problem before with my Civic hybrid. I should have realized that was a possibility and alerted the service dept. to it but I just didn't remember.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what can we learn from this? Apparently new Hondas taste better than the old ones! I see a new ad campaign coming! "Tastes great and less fill-ups"

I hope they will do a goodwill repair and cover this for you.
Well they didn't comp me the repair however I did get a pretty big break on the hourly service rate. The whole thing cost me $300, I can live with that, now I just have to figure out how to keep mice out of my engine compartment!

Seriously Matt at Pohanka in Fredericksburg VA took care of me as did the service foreman who did all the work on my car, Great work guys.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Get a good barn cat! I have two and no problems with chewed wires. Guy next door fixes antique cars for a hobby, has two big dogs to discourage trespassers, and has major problems with wires getting chewed as his dogs chase off all the neighborhood cats. Vet told me mice especially won't hang around with the scent of cats in the area. Don't know if that is true in a country setting where rodents are everywhere, but worth a try and easier than a million mouse traps.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I can agree on the cats. I have probably 3 farm cats that are just part of the scenery on my farm. I have to keep my dog on a short leash so he doesn't cause the cats to flea.

Still have field mice in the house, but they steer clear of my parking spot. I don't mind cat footprints if it keeps my car safe. Passive security at it's best.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have 2 pampered indoor cats, but no mouse problems.Then again they would probably run away if they saw a mouse.

Cats FTW!

·
Registered
609 Posts
So I've got an update slightly off topic endorsement to getting barn cats. Only place the cats can't go on our rural property is my well house. I've got cat doors to all feed rooms, worksheds and farm building except that one. This morning the well wouldn't come on so went out to see what was what. A rat/rodent had chewed the wiring on the points. Can't imagine how the stupid thing didn't get electrocuted as the plastic cover was melted and wires fried back, with bits of colorful insulation shavings down in the bottom of the box and rat teeth marks on the wires. Guess my next project will be a cat door on the well house, but until then, the heavy duty rat traps are going in there. If you're in the country, GET A BARN CAT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unfortunately we lost our 2 cats this January and our very talented mouser (a fantastic stray that adopted us) just disappeared one day. There may be some new cats in the very near future.

Thanks again all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My Mom had rat problems with her 2006 Civic Hybrid. The rats would chew the wires. Geico covered it under comprehensive coverage. I guess it all depends on what your deductible is for comp. My deductible is $250, so I guess I would go through Geico if anything like this occurred.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts