Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
610 Posts
I have a 2011 and my fan just failed in July. Fortunately I live in California and the warranty on the hybrid system here is 15 yrs or 150K so it was all repaired under warranty. It only took the dealership in Chico CA. two days to get the part. I would check to see what the warranty is for the state you live in as it varies. Something sounds off with what they are telling you. I always say never believe the first person who gives you bad news. Best of luck with this.

Interesting, thanks for the info so I know it’s covered when mine fails. I live in CA too.

· Registered
610 Posts
07/08/2020 UPDATE*Ok guys update on the part that I posted of the cooling fan assembly. I changed it and disconnected the battery before changing it, when I connected the battery and turned the car on , the check engine light ,check charging system light , IMA , and battery light went away. The location of the cooling fan assembly is on the right passenger side literally on the right bottom corner of the trunk . You won’t be able to see it Because you need to remove the spare tire , take off the black board that hides the spare tire , take the spare tire out as well as the left and right sides styrofoams . Pop the panel where the trunk latch is located then begin to pull the Clips out of the right panel “passenger side “and the cooling fan assembly will be located near the passenger tail light Remove the 3 bolts securing it as well as the white Wire harness connected to the cooling fan assembly you will need a 10mm socket to remove the 3 bolts . Then replace the part and put everythingback together following these steps in reverse order I hope this helps you guys AGAIN my IMA Light, CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM Light , check engine light , and battery light all went away 07/08/2020 UPDATE****
Congrats ! You are luckily that you didn’t have to replace #53 IMA fuse like my case below when I was replacing my buddy’s IPU fan:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts