Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Thank you so much for that and for checking up on me. They called tonight and said they are having trouble getting the computer to communicate so who knows...doesn鈥檛 sound cheap so far. I may have to purchase a bicycle lol.
Actually a new ECU is pretty cheap. Can get one on ebay for around $80-150. Then the shop you are using just needs to re-program it to match you car VIN, mileage, etc.. which they can do with their honda HDS software.

Hope it turns out okay!! I have yet to see someones ECU break. Did it ever get flooded or have anything crazy like that happen? The ECU sits inside the engine bay in a little black box. Did engine ever get flooded with water or anything?

Registered
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Here鈥檚 what the dealership paperwork said:

鈥淔ound stored codes 61-81, P1298, U0155, U0110, U1205//SRS E1-11, D4-11, 32-11, 31,11, ABS 65-1, 86-1, 61-1 CAN 23-05. Reinstalled fuses. Cleared DTC鈥檚. Multiple codes returned. Performed complete ground reset several times. All systems have returned to normal operation. Relearned TPMS system. Test drove four times. Vehicle is operating properly at this time.鈥

Everything is still holding strong, except TPMS light came back on but the tire shop told me one of the front sensors was bad. This light was on for probably a year or so before any of this happened so I鈥檓 not concerned with it. Just watching the pressure in my tires. If anyone wants to make sense out of the dealership鈥檚 message feel free to translate. I think the jolt of the pothole impact and my car being jumped threw a bunch of codes perhaps causing IMA system to not work properly this running down my 12v battery and causing my car not to start. Chalking it up to a series of very unfortunate events.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
They had trouble getting the computer to communicate with their diagnostic tools at first...I鈥檓 not sure what that was all about or maybe just a ploy for additional labor charges. They said they did change out some fuses that were brown on the edges also.

Premium Member
Most/many of those codes are electrical in nature, so there's no surprise that they had an initial problem with the computer to communicate with their diagnostic tools. I figure, all problems starting with the jumping of the 12v--the technique, or otherwise....

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Anyone in here had any luck with a portable jumper such as the Halo brand? I just want to take every precaution possible to not have this happen again. Maybe my uncle鈥檚 F-150 had too much power for my little Z? Or if it wasn鈥檛 done properly this could be avoided altogether if I invested in a portable battery jumper...any thoughts/opinions are appreciated as always :)

Registered
In the UK I bought :_
Powerseed Mini Boost 2A Car Battery Jump Starter Pack Portable High Capacity Power Bank 12V Booster for Automotive, Motorcycle, Boats, with Clamps and
Sold by: MyMemory
Through Amazon. Not sure if you can get them over there.
Works fine. twice now I have had to use it, after sitting parked up with radio on.
I think a 9 volt pp9 we call them, tiny little thing size of a big thumb would also have worked!!!??? The ECU just need a tiny amount of current to bring the EMA to life???
Good luck

Super Moderator
I bought a similar unit to this one
https://www.amazon.com/Bolt-Power-A7P-Gasoline-Flashlight/dp/B07JLV2QT5/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=bolt+power&qid=1579646741&sr=8-2 Haven't needed to use it yet but it came with a case and every few months I make sure it is charged. I keep it in its case in the bin behind my passenger seat so I can get to it if car is completely dead and to keep it warmer than if it was in hatch area.

Anyone in here had any luck with a portable jumper such as the Halo brand? I just want to take every precaution possible to not have this happen again. Maybe my uncle鈥檚 F-150 had too much power for my little Z? Or if it wasn鈥檛 done properly this could be avoided altogether if I invested in a portable battery jumper...any thoughts/opinions are appreciated as always :)

Registered
In the UK I bought :_
Powerseed Mini Boost 2A Car Battery Jump Starter Pack Portable High Capacity Power Bank 12V Booster for Automotive, Motorcycle, Boats, with Clamps and
Sold by: MyMemory
Through Amazon. Not sure if you can get them over there.
Works fine. twice now I have had to use it, after sitting parked up with radio on.
I think a 9 volt pp9 we call them, tiny little thing size of a big thumb would also have worked!!!??? The ECU just need a tiny amount of current to bring the EMA to life???
Good luck

That link does not work!!! Bloody Amazon!! It shows a charger, not a booster! Sorry about that???

21 - 31 of 31 Posts