Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can I back up a bit an !) apologise and 2) add that i have found that if I am sat with engine off just listening to radio that the 12v really takes the strain!
I sat for 30 mins while wor lass was shopping and BOOM BOOM... non starter!!!
Luckily I had a small booster and once I gave the 12v a little tickle ..... off we went!! :)
The design is wrong. They do not make them any more. We have to live with what we got :(
We do not need air-con and the like here in UK but if anyone does run any accesories when the engine is off, they will suffer.
I guess this may apply even when running ... so!!!.... DO NOT RUN ANYTHING or you will kill the 12v
Maybe shrug, my view :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey Jeffd, no need to apologize. I'm a big girl and can accept reality. So, thank you for your straightforwardness and all of the info. Godspeed!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey Jeffd, no need to apologize. I'm a big girl and can accept reality. So, thank you for your straightforwardness and all of the info. Godspeed!
Please give us updated in terms of how the car runs or if you get a chance to ask what they have replaced.

It’s lot of work but it would help the crz community and in case someone runs into similar issue

·
Red&Black
5,992 Posts
Hello, I was reading the hybrid battery warranty info you posted and I noticed it mentioned that replacing the MCM would be done prior to any hybrid battery replacement.

I had to have the MCM (cabin fuse box) replaced a few months ago in one of my CRZs. It would also shut off randomly, and then refuse to turn back on. Also when it would throw these fits the key fob button would not unlock the car. Had MANY check engine lights, one of them was no communication with IPU.

I had an independent import shop work on my car and they traced it to a bad fuse box. No water damage, I have no idea why it went bad... As soon as they put in a $150 replacement I got from eBay it was normal again!

Just an idea. I have never seen anyone else mention a complete shut off error. I thought I was the only one. It was quite scary. Perhaps ask the dealer to test the cabin fuse box for inconsistency, voltage drops, etc.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts