Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had the CR-Z illuminated door sills installed at local H dealer. (ok i read the DIY here, but was lazy!)

question: how do you check to make sure they are off when door is closed?

i was looking for a in/out switch on door/frame - couldn't find. turned off the interior lights - didn't change/still on?

can't check when door is closed? any ideas? haven't looked at the fuse box yet.

thanks in advanced.
later
dan

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
just had the CR-Z illuminated door sills installed at local H dealer. (ok i read the DIY here, but was lazy!)

i was looking for a in/out switch on door/frame - couldn't find. turned off the interior lights - didn't change/still on?

thanks in advanced.
later
dan
Have faith in your Honda Technician? :iough: Or if it doesn't start the next morning.

Seriously thougn, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Pretty simple tech to ensure they turn off when the doors are shut. I have em, no probs so far.

Scott

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is the LED unit a contained unit or is it replaceable bulb/led? ie. can it be switched from blue/white to red?
no, the illuminating door sills are contained units. i think they are all blue leds.

thought they would be connected to the interior lights harness. since they're are still on when i turn the interior lights to 'off', they must have a fuse connection itself?

when i was talking to the accesory tech, he said he had a better way to install the sills. differs from the H instructions: he doesn't pull out the metal fingers in the rubber weather stripping. said by doing so, compromises the integrity of the weather stripping which might tear in the future. (there's just a small bump by the top of each sill where the wires have to extend. not noticable unless you look for it.)

since i had alignment issues with my CR-Z, i'm always asking questions when i take it in.

paranoid huh?

but they DO look great when you open the door!!

we'll see if i have battery problems (not the IMA battery - i hope!)

thanks for comments.
later
dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
i dont know about on the crz but almost all cars just have a little button that senses when the door is closed somewhere on the side of the frame where the door shuts. You can just push it in and the car will think the door is shut even though its open. Try that.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts

thanks in advanced.
later
dan
I installed mine myself.. and I also have the Compass/Self-Dimming Mirror. They both use the same fusebox connection... with piggyback adapters. Therefore, if the mirror is off.. the door sills are most likely off also. And yes.. when the door is closed, and the key is off.. the mirror is off. Whether or not the sills stay on when the door is close and the key is on... I don't know.... although I will try to check... I have some ideas.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
If a man says something, and there is no woman there to hear it... is he still wrong? :staffmeeting:
Probably. Don't you have that little voice in your ear (strangely familiar) that says you are wrong regardless of where you are at?

Sorry, back on topic.

R/Scott

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
If I buy an item from eBay instead of a sponsor, am I still member of the forum?
Forgiven I would think. Capitalism at it's best. Wactha buy?

·
Registered
237 Posts
My car came with the stainless trim, I will probably change it out for the illuminated at some point since that's what I wanted to begin with.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
My car came with the stainless trim, I will probably change it out for the illuminated at some point since that's what I wanted to begin with.
I get all the obvious looks and glances on the road. But when I am showing someone in the parking lot, the spoilers, diffuser etc., don't really get that much attention unless I specifically point them out, but open the door and everyone sees the illumated door seals, that is where the oohs and ahhs come in the most. They immediately want to take a seat and then a few more oohs and ahh at the displays and general interior design. Bang for your buck on factory addons in my opinion are the lighted door seals.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Good prices on parts at Honda, Acura and Toyota Accessories. They have install videos and instructions also.
Lets push our Sponsors first.. we might not have the forum without them! :thumbsup:
:yeahthat:
If I buy an item from eBay instead of a sponsor, am I still member of the forum?
don't see why not... everyone is looking for a deal these days...

my only gripe is that ppl come on the forums for some great info/deals/friends/etc... but when it comes to parts buying, very few of them look around... and if they do look around, as soon as they find the cheap part, they buy it... that's all well and good... but when you have vendors that support the site that YOU are a member of, why not at least give them a chance to earn your business?? an example could be if you find the part cheaper on another site, go to a vendor of this site that sells the same part and ASK THEM if they can price match or even beat what you found somewhere else... not only will that support them and the site, but it creates an awareness of the vendor that the same parts might be cheaper somewhere else and that will possibly result in them lowering their prices or doing a group buy at a special price...

point of this is SUPPORT THE MEMBERS YOU KNOW FIRST!! 10 times out of 10, our vendors will go out of their way bending backwards to ensure your satisfaction... while another site might just do a one time "wham bam thank you ma'am" kind of sale...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same question about whether or not the Door Sills were turning off so what I did was open the door then press the door switch button. The door sills and the inside lights will not go off until the light timer has expired or you put the key in the ignition. The light timer is set in the custon menu and the default is 30 seconds. Again if you put the key in while the door switch is pushed in the lights should go off including the door sills.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.