Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hey guys, for those who don't know us, we are one of the largest automotive LED lighting retailers in the U.S. We were founded in 2004 and we have been providing the car community with their LED and HID lighting needs since we started.

We are located in Los Angeles, California so if some of you guys are local, feel free to drop by our store. We hope to provide you guys your LED and HID needs.

My name is Thura and I'll be glad to help you out.

:wavey:

LED DRL Decoder Kit

FEATURES:
  • Plug n' Play (NO SPLICING/CUTTING REQUIRED!)
  • 68-SMD 9005 LED Bulbs
  • No "DRL Out" indicator
  • No flickering/not turning on
  • 6000k Xenon White color only

Installation is very straight forward and easy.

***NOTES ON INSTALLATION***

The factory dust cap must be removed to allow room for the DRL harness to go through, no splicing is required, you just have to keep the DRL cap off and it can be plugged into the stock harness.

108-SMD Direct Fit LED Panel Package

FEATURES:
  • Available in Xenon White AND Ultra Blue
  • Plug and play, no wiring needed, very easy to install
  • Two 24-SMD Panels for the front map lights
  • Five 12-SMD panels for the rear dome lights, door lights, and trunk light.
*Photos courtesy of g0tph0*

5-SMD T10 LED Bulbs

FEATURES:
  • 5-SMD 5050 LED chips
  • Available in Xenon White, Ultra Blue, and Brilliant Red (White is most recommended!)
  • 360 degrees of light coverage
  • Plug n' Play
These will fit for the license plate, map light, and trunk light since they all use the same bulb size. It will also fit for all sizes that are 194/168/2825/W5W/etc

6-SMD D31 LED Bulbs

FEATURES:
  • 6-SMD 5050 LED chips
  • Available in Xenon White, Ultra Blue, and Brilliant Red
  • Plug n' Play
This will fit for the dome lights. It will all sizes that include DE3021/DE3022/etc

2.5W High Power T15 LED Reverse Lights

FEATURES:
  • 2.5W LED Chip made by CREE Electronics
  • 6000k Xenon White color
  • Plug n' Play
  • 500 lumen output
These lights are probably the brightest LEDs we have available for this particular size. Since the CRZ has the reverse light bulb pointing directly behind the vehicle, these would be perfect since the LED projector shoots the light in one direction.

iJDMTOY HID Conversion Kit

FEATURES:
  • 35w Ultra-slim waterproof ballasts
  • Regulator chip inside the ballasts to stablize the current to prolong the life of the bulbs
  • Plug n' Play
The CR-Z uses H11 sized bulbs for the low beams (if you don't have factory HIDs) and fog lights.

Garax D4C HID Replacement Bulbs

FEATURES:
  • Genuine Garax HID replacement bulbs from Japan
  • Plug n Play
  • Available in 6000k, 8000k, 10,000k, and 12,000k
For you guys that have HIDs from factory, you can get replacement D4S bulbs from us as well! We carry Garax D4C bulbs (which are a hybrid version of the D4S/D4R bulbs, they will fit and work just like how the stock would).

*** Please keep in mind that all our products are meant for "off-road" use! ***

For those who would like to see how the LEDs would look in their car, please take a look at our Official iJDMTOY Picture Thread for pictures!

:woowoo:

If you guys have any questions regarding any lighting needs, please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just bought the DRL. will post pics once installed :)
Nice! If you have any questions about installation or run into problems, please feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to help you out.

:thumbsup:

I have the DRL Kit along with a ton of other bulbs from iJDM :) they looked good.

-R
:headbang:

If you have any other cars that need to some LEDs, you know who to come to!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a picture of Lankysean's CR-Z with our LEDs in the reverse and license plate lights.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have some pics in my garage, one shows the DLR's on as well as the LED Turn Lights and also the HID's in the fogs :D

-R

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
iJDMTOY HID Conversion Kit

FEATURES:
  • 35w Ultra-slim waterproof ballasts
  • Regulator chip inside the ballasts to stablize the current to prolong the life of the bulbs
  • Plug n' Play
The CR-Z uses H11 sized bulbs for the low beams (if you don't have factory HIDs) and fog lights.

Garax D4C HID Replacement Bulbs

FEATURES:
  • Genuine Garax HID replacement bulbs from Japan
  • Plug n Play
  • Available in 6000k, 8000k, 10,000k, and 12,000k
For you guys that have HIDs from factory, you can get replacement D4S bulbs from us as well! We carry Garax D4C bulbs (which are a hybrid version of the D4S/D4R bulbs, they will fit and work just like how the stock would).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mind schooling me for a minute... I am trying to replace with HID for a brighter lights. What is the difference between the DRL LED and the HID conversion kit? I Dont understand the difference with all this... These high beam, low beam, and DRL... What going on... I have a base CR-Z so I do not have Fog lights with my vehicle.
Sure, our products aren't free, but information is always free. :thumbsup:

The CR-Z (just like many other Honda's and Acuras) use the high beam bulb, 9005 as two functions. During the day while the vehicle is on, it is partially lit so it runs as a daytime running light. When the head lights are on, the DRL turns off and remains off.

The DRL runs at 6v (half the power) and the high beam uses around ~12v+. LEDs stands for light-emitting diode, it is a semi-conductor light source which produce less heat, provide more light, and are more reliable than halogen bulbs. They give you the Xenon HID look, a big upgrade from the standard halogen yellow color. Although, keep in mind that since LEDs are very sensitive to power, when you are using them in DRL mode, they are almost at full power so when you use your high beams, they get brighter, but the change in brightness will not be as drastic as halogen bulbs.

Please keep in mind that since LEDs are not projectile lights, they are will not be as bright as halogen lights when comparing the two. Halogen lights are projectile and the light will shine far. People like to upgrade to the LEDs for the color they give, it's a very unique look.

An HID Conversion kit converts your halogen lights into High Intensity Discharge lights. These types of lights produce light by means of an electrical arc between two electrodes in a tube filled with both gas and metallic salts. This type of light produces about 3 times more light than your standard halogen bulb. It also draws less power and produces less heat than the stock bulb.

These require a 12v power source so unfortunately, you cannot use these in your DRL's because your DRLs provide only 6v of power. I hope this helps.

·
Ridin' Nerdy
3,578 Posts
So, if I wanted to upgrade them both, I would have to buy both kits to upgrade the DRL and my normal night time lights. DRL and normal night time lights are different, unless I missed something. This would be better if someone pointed it out to me most likely xD When I get a magazine ::coughcough:: I like the picture better then reading ::snickers::

·
Registered
846 Posts
If u wanna upgrade both ur low beams to HID and ur High Beams / DRL to LED DRL u will need to buy both kits this is provided u have the crz that did not already come with HIDs for low beam.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
That is an exceptional description by iJDMTOY! Very informative and kept simple, for idiots like me, to understand! Great info & great products* 2 thumbs way up*!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
for those that are more Visual, here's a picture to go with that nice explanation:

and if the center light does not look like that then you do not have HID headlights from Factory.

·
Ridin' Nerdy
3,578 Posts
Nope, a buddy actually showed me today ^.^ thanks for the post though. Might have to do that whole amber/white deal to my turn signals. I am decent with electronics but not with cars. That is a hassle. So buy a hid conversion for low beams and a SMD kit for the DRL, gotcha! Then I have to see about the turn signals. How many brake lights do we have in the rear btw?

·
Registered
632 Posts

Hey guys, for those who don't know us, we are one of the largest automotive LED lighting retailers in the U.S. We were founded in 2004 and we have been providing the car community with their LED and HID lighting needs since we started.

We are located in Los Angeles, California so if some of you guys are local, feel free to drop by our store. We hope to provide you guys your LED and HID needs.

:wavey:

LED DRL Decoder Kit
$59.99

FEATURES:
  • Plug n' Play (NO SPLICING/CUTTING REQUIRED!)
  • 68-SMD 9005 LED Bulbs
  • No "DRL Out" indicator
  • No flickering/not turning on
  • 6000k Xenon White color only

Installation is very straight forward and easy.

License Plate/Map Light/Trunk Light (all use the same type of bulb)
$12.99

FEATURES:
  • 5-SMD 5050 LED chips
  • Available in Xenon White, Ultra Blue, and Brilliant Red (White is most recommended!)
  • 360 degrees of light coverage
  • Plug n' Play

Dome Light
$14.99

FEATURES:
  • 6-SMD 5050 LED chips
  • Available in Xenon White, Ultra Blue, and Brilliant Red
  • Plug n' Play

Reverse Lights
$21.99

FEATURES:
  • 13-SMD 5050 LED chips
  • 6000k Xenon White color
  • Plug n' Play

For those who would like to see how the LEDs would look in their car, please take a look at our Official iJDMTOY Picture Thread for pictures!

As an introductory offer, we are providing a 20% discount to all first time customers. You can claim this coupon by using the coupon code: "CR-Z" when checking out on any item!

If you guys have any questions regarding any lighting needs, please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help you out.
Hey ijdmtoy, first of all love your products. I'm thinking about changing out my stock fog lights with either LED or HID, any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
How many brake lights do we have in the rear btw?
it's actually not a lightbulb. it's already an LED Panel with many many little LED bulbs in it so there's nothing to replace. the only bulbs you can really replace in the back are Turn signal and Reverse lights

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey ijdmtoy, first of all love your products. I'm thinking about changing out my stock fog lights with either LED or HID, any recommendations?
HID conversion is a good idea if you plan to do the LED DRL conversion or are just blind at night like me, the extra light helps :p

-R

1 - 20 of 346 Posts