Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to the car community, but I've been thinking about turning my CRZ into a rally car. I'm just not sure how to get started, or how to work around the electrical components, which I'd like to try and keep. Any advice?

· Premium Member
9,031 Posts
There are many here that rally the CR-Z without losing the Hybrid system. Find their postings and learn from those that have come before you. The biggest thing is deciding what class you want to run in and then follow the rules for that class. This will limit what changes you can and can't make to the car. This needs to be done before you make changes.

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Leave the drive train completely stock and spend every last penny on suspension, wheels/tires, and underbody armor. I think you will find the stock suspension will not live long when pounding gravel. All the plastic aero panels under the car will quickly be torn off.

· Registered
2,256 Posts
Good tips so far. For all types of motorsport I recommend replacing the radiator if it has plastic end-tanks (like OEM Honda and many third party replacements) for an all-aluminum type as a start since that's the weakest point in the cooling system. If it's a 6MT then the Koyo is bolt-in.

· Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX 6MT
32 Posts
I'm relatively new to the car community, but I've been thinking about turning my CRZ into a rally car. ... Any advice?
Find your local SCCA Rallycross group (even if that's several hours away). You'll find that there is almost nothing you need to do to the car to START rallying. I have seen very old stock Mini Coopers, Ford Focuses, Dodge Neons, and various Hondas put the beatdown on built Subarus. It mostly comes down to driver skill.

Once you've done a couple events and observed what other people are doing, you should have a pretty clear path of how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
478 Posts
If you wanna get serious, you could buy the Okuyama panels for the bottom of the car. They're 3mm or 5mm thick sheets that bolt to the bottom to cover the front bumper (ZF1 only), side skirts, hybrid wires and they fuel tank. I will warn you that they're not cheap. But if you're serious, PM me and I can refer you to someone who can get you what you want.

ホンダ CR-Z(ZF1)アンダーガード スタンダードタイプ / 3mm

Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts