Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing the highs with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs, [9005] and replacing the fogs with Sylvania silverstars [H11] bulbs, and adjusting the beam pattern as told by Randalert in the DIY section they work much better. I'm very pleased with the performance of the lights now. On the adjusters I went 1 full turn on the right side, and 1-1/4 turns on the left. After driving it for
2 nights or
about 100 miles no
one has flashed me becouse there to high. Seems perfect.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

These lights arent ricey at all... Those are HID's. 3000k matches stock as its only 1300K warmer.

My experience with silverstar bulbs was meh. They arent much brighter than stock.

And comparing a bulb that has 100 hours on it to one that has 0.25 hours on it, its pretty obvious which one will be brighter.

And drawing more wattage into a bulb makes me nervous because melting housings/harnesses. Not sure if the silverstars the OP is using draw more current though.

HIDS are getting cheaper and cheaper. I would just do them.

·
Registered
582 Posts

These lights arent ricey at all... Those are HID's. 3000k matches stock as its only 1300K warmer.

My experience with silverstar bulbs was meh. They arent much brighter than stock.

And comparing a bulb that has 100 hours on it to one that has 0.25 hours on it, its pretty obvious which one will be brighter.

And drawing more wattage into a bulb makes me nervous because melting housings/harnesses. Not sure if the silverstars the OP is using draw more current though.

HIDS are getting cheaper and cheaper. I would just do them.
does are exacly what i want:thumbsup: where did you get'em and wath are they called exacly???:drool:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
those are 55 watt 3000k hid's

one has since died thanks to a rock in the fog after 3k cracking the glass and it finally breaking through and killing the bulb with moisture.

le sigh...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.