Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
..honestly a center armrest as an option? Nickle and diming us now huh. I understand Navi. But seriously? Maybe in the base model they can get away with that. But I got the damn EX! *lol*

If it's any consultation. It's much cheaper at HANDAacessories at 283. That's where ive always gotten most of my oem option stuff for my prelude in the past. But still... Honda CR-Z Accessories - Genuine Factory Honda Accessories

·
Registered
33 Posts
what would u say if there was no armrest option at all... I have been in plenty cars without any sort of armrest, and in many where having it is worthless because its so small and so far back.

The way i see it, its not something everyone wants so its an option and decreases the cost of the car by at least $200. Im sure that wont make or break sales but that in combination with other things as option has brought the car down to a little lower price-tag. A price-tag which most people looking at this type of car still think is high.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
..honestly a center armrest as an option? Nickle and diming us now huh. I understand Navi. But seriously? Maybe in the base model they can get away with that. But I got the damn EX! *lol*

If it's any consultation. It's much cheaper at HANDAacessories at 283. That's where ive always gotten most of my oem option stuff for my prelude in the past. But still... Honda CR-Z Accessories - Genuine Factory Honda Accessories
Thanks for the link, you rock!:hi5::thumbsup:

·
Registered
579 Posts
what would u say if there was no armrest option at all... I have been in plenty cars without any sort of armrest, and in many where having it is worthless because its so small and so far back.

The way i see it, its not something everyone wants so its an option and decreases the cost of the car by at least $200. Im sure that wont make or break sales but that in combination with other things as option has brought the car down to a little lower price-tag. A price-tag which most people looking at this type of car still think is high.

I was going to write a hefty response. However , I'll just sum it up with one statement as follows:

This isnt a chevy cobalt or hyundai accent... :sleep:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You may not need or want the armrest. I have put over 600 miles on my CRZ, I traded a 06 civic coup with armrest. When i purchased the CRZ I almost ordered to armrest. I am so glad that I didn't. I don't miss it, don't need it. You should try CRZ without before you order. May end up saving yourself some money.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You know when I first looked at a CRZ it was one of the$ 4000 of dealer add ons one with an armrest and at that point I thought I would have to have one.

Driven about 900 miles in it now with no armrest and don't miss it at all. If I think about it my old 91 Accord I drove for so many years never had one so I never really "grew up" driving with an armrest either.

·
Registered
579 Posts
^ I mean I'm getting over it slowly. It's not like it's a blank space. AT LEAST they subed it out with a nice cup holder and money tray. Kudos on them. Most cars will just have nothing.

I just got so used to it. That when I get into my car, i would use my armrest as a support for when I scooch into my seat to get situation. Each time i lean over onto it, i fall over almost each time. I'm like..oh yeah..stealership jipped me out of an armrest. Bastards. *lol* So far, 2 pple that have gotten into my car, asked "Hey man..no armrest?" *lol* So im not the only one who thinks its an obvious inclusion these days.

Fortunatly, the car has plenty of other eye candy, I'm forgiving honda for making the armrest as an option.

·
Registered
376 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.