Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 NSBP EX CVT
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of times getting Ziebart to clean the headlight that is original to the car and it clouding up again after a couple of months.
I decided to try Blue Magic on the offending headlight.

Can you tell which headlight was the cloudy one?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice job! Be sure to put a UV sealant on there to prevent it from getting foggy again.

I wet sanded my headlight in multiple steps (different grits), then used a few layers of SprayMax 2K clear coat for long lasting UV protection, and finally I polished the clear coat to remove a bit of orange peel.

·
Registered
2012 NSBP EX CVT
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, blue magic isn't really a plastic polish it is a metal polish that doesn't have abrasives and leaves a clear silicone coating after buffing. I used it to polish a motorcycle helmet and it came out like brand new. Then used it to polish a plastic ferring on my fathers Yamaha 750 motorcycle in the 80s it came out looking almost brand new.
So I am trying to find out if it will cloud back up on the headlight.

Nice job! Be sure to put a UV sealant on there to prevent it from getting foggy again.

I wet sanded my headlight in multiple steps (different grits), then used a few layers of SprayMax 2K clear coat for long lasting UV protection, and finally I polished the clear coat to remove a bit of orange peel.
How long has your headlight remained clear?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks, blue magic isn't really a plastic polish it is a metal polish that doesn't have abrasives and leaves a clear silicone coating after buffing. I used it to polish a motorcycle helmet and it came out like brand new. Then used it to polish a plastic ferring on my fathers Yamaha 750 motorcycle in the 80s it came out looking almost brand new.
So I am trying to find out if it will cloud back up on the headlight.

How long has your headlight remained clear?
So far, for over 6 months. However, according to ‘the internet’, using 2K clear coat should last forever.

·
Registered
2012 NSBP EX CVT
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, might have to invest in that process rather than buying an aftermarket external headlight and putting the honda guts in it. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts