Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sigh, i really feel bad for honda, they are not doing good anymore.
i mean i can see the downside of the new crosstour and insight, i didnt expect CRZ would be affected also. no wonder i only see ONE CRZ so far on the street in the bay area. i really hope that they will not discontinue the CRZ, i really want one just that i dont have a job yet still in college. I hope they production will at least last for 4 year.
source:
CR-Z, Crosstour, Insight sales hurting - Odyssey lone bright spot among new Honda models — Autoblog

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
the new civic shots that ive seen a few weeks ago looked terrible as well. Havent checked back so they might be better but it was looking pretty lame and a lot of civic guys were dissapointed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm a little confused by the target of 15,000 units per year they quote in the article. That sounds like a realistic figure annually, but the CR-Z was only on sale from mid-August so surely that's not what they're looking for from 2010?

They seem to be selling well in the UK, the dealers I've spoken to recently are having no trouble shifting the CR-Zs they order.

·
Registered
112 Posts
On the bright side!... the CR-Z is a low production vehicle (only 15K in the States), why you don't see alot on the road, has only been on the market for a few months, and almost all of it's owners are extremely happy with it! :grin:

...and what Kenny said.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I think this Kid doesn't know anything about car sales or sale figures.
Maybe.

Personally, I'm very happy that the CR-Z is very limited. I dislike driving common cars. Also, I wouldn't mind if it got discontinued in a year or 3. That will drive resale up and make the car even more rare.

:thumbsup:

And the new Odyssey is HOT!

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
It worries me too about Honda and the CR-Z. Honda has dropped more models than any other manufacture especially with sport models. As I look at Honda's history and see how the marketing is going for the CR-Z and sales figures and I think they could do better. It is still early yet and this is the low point of the year for car sales so it could get better.

Pretty much the only "secure" name plate in Honda's line up is the Civic, Accord (even though the hybrid was killed off), and the Odyssey.

To me the Odyssey even though nice- is still a Mini Van. My wife wants one super bad and I am holding out as long as I can before I have to go Clark Griswold and the family truckster :pP::hiding:.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I saw that article and the writer is stupid or has an agenda. CR-Zs appear to be on target for expected US sales per his own #s. Toyota recently has said they expect a downturn in sales due to economic factors and a resurgence of bailed out US car makers. Honda is doing fine.

And why would anyone feel sorry for a multinational corporation? There are better things to do with empathy.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think its part of the recession. Less models = more savings. More money can go to R&D on new more efficient and sport models. I have no doubt that Honda with come out with another s2k type sports car. Just with a electric mode with regenerative breaking and a whole new array of eco conscious tech

·
Registered
579 Posts
Meh. I like the fact the crz isnt all over the place like civic si's or something. Because it means even way down the road, the crz will still get looks and will be rare. We dont have to worry so much of it becoming part of the ricer roster of cars. I like the fact ive not seen another crz yet on the road. Sure Ive seen a couple at the delearship. But that's not the same. I got the car in august and ive not seen another crz roaming the roads. It's a nice feeling to me.

My biggest issue when buying cars was that every car I wanted was common. I had to bite the bullet almost and just accept that. I wanted a car that was unique, stood out, but wasnt over the top and super expensive, but had everything that a more expensive car did. I spent nearly a year looking at cars, reviews, autotrader, etc. Until I saw the crz at the dealership by chance. I saw all the gizmos, gadgets, tech and such, and it was exactly what I was looking for. When I saw that they only had like 2 or 3 at the dealership, unlike 50 civics in the lot, i knew this car was going to be rare. The fact that they had to do a delear trade just to get a crz with a manual transmission was very interesting imo. I am fearful that all of the sudden, ill see crzs all over the place like the prius. *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
803 Posts
New civic looks like a camry... Which is the bestselling car. However that doesnt mean honda had to make it look like a camry..

here is the new civic, it sure ugly like the element, mixture of american cars.

YouTube - 2011-2012 Honda Civic caught testing in Dubai

source:
Spy Shots: 2012 Honda Civic sedan spied almost naked — Autoblog

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDffgtjd7Sc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDffgtjd7Sc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Meh. I like the fact the crz isnt all over the place like civic si's or something. Because it means even way down the road, the crz will still get looks and will be rare. We dont have to worry so much of it becoming part of the ricer roster of cars. I like the fact ive not seen another crz yet on the road. Sure Ive seen a couple at the delearship. But that's not the same. I got the car in august and ive not seen another crz roaming the roads. It's a nice feeling to me.

My biggest issue when buying cars was that every car I wanted was common. I had to bite the bullet almost and just accept that. I wanted a car that was unique, stood out, but wasnt over the top and super expensive, but had everything that a more expensive car did. I spent nearly a year looking at cars, reviews, autotrader, etc. Until I saw the crz at the dealership by chance. I saw all the gizmos, gadgets, tech and such, and it was exactly what I was looking for. When I saw that they only had like 2 or 3 at the dealership, unlike 50 civics in the lot, i knew this car was going to be rare. The fact that they had to do a delear trade just to get a crz with a manual transmission was very interesting imo. I am fearful that all of the sudden, ill see crzs all over the place like the prius. *crosses fingers*
hahahahha, it sure feel good to be the only CRZ on the road. its unique. it just that i want to see CRZ because i do not have one.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i posted this in another thread and it helped some people put things into perspective...

i read that article yesterday and was saying to myself, that Honda is meeting, if not exceeding, ALL of their expectations so far with the CR-Z... 4,373 sold so far in about 3months & 7days... the CR-Z is selling at a rate of around 44/day... if you multiply that out by 365 days (1 year), you will have over 16k... Honda was aiming for 15k... remember these are the slower months for sales too...

this is why i don't think Honda is concerned with the negative reviews it's gotten from fanboy's and biased media reviews... with that, i don't believe they are working to "improve" something that is meeting their expectations!! ppl can dance around it and say CR-Z isn't selling blah blah... but the fact is, there are 3000 CR-Z's sitting on the lots and about 2250 of those are CVT equipped... according to internet and media statistics, more people prefer the harder to get 6MT trim...
also, if any of you bought a new model of a limited production car before... then it's NORMAL to not see very many of them on the road right now... i can say with certainty, that when the 2006 Civic Si was released, it took well over a year before i started seeing more of them on the road and i worked at a Honda dealership for 9 months of 2006... i saw regular civics all over the place, but the Si was estimated to produce 15k/year (1st year actual was around 13k) and i barely ever saw them... even at our local meets, we had one of the largest groups that were posting online and we only had about 4-8 show up each week... and that was like 8months after its release...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love limited production cars, I've had my share of them too. I had a 2000 Ford ZX2 SR version (street racer came with a bunch of aftermarket factory installed parts) only 2000 units produced, I still have a 2004 SVT Focus (supercharged) only made this car from 2002-2004 rare to see these too, and my 2007 turbo charged Mazdaspeed 3, again another limited production vehicle that you don't see too many of on the road. I love the head turner affect this CRZ has on peeps. I still haven't seen another one on the S.F. bay area roadways. I know there's a few around here but chances of me running into another one are pretty slim....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.