Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand how a normal tranny works. I'm not sure I understand the CVT. It seems that the vehicle will have the petrol engine rev like a normal engine but I don't seem to be able to tell when the electric engine is powering it or not. It seems to be like a sling shot of power after 2-4 seconds. A lot of times it seems that it will be slower to accelerate initially and then really surprise me with power. I'm unsure how the gearing works and the shifting seems so smooth either in Eco/normal/sport that it does not seem to shift like a normal vehicle. I'm also not an idiot where it just downshifts after a few seconds. Can anyone help enlighten me or has anyone else noticed this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I understand how a normal tranny works. I'm not sure I understand the CVT. It seems that the vehicle will have the petrol engine rev like a normal engine but I don't seem to be able to tell when the electric engine is powering it or not. It seems to be like a sling shot of power after 2-4 seconds. A lot of times it seems that it will be slower to accelerate initially and then really surprise me with power. I'm unsure how the gearing works and the shifting seems so smooth either in Eco/normal/sport that it does not seem to shift like a normal vehicle. I'm also not an idiot where it just downshifts after a few seconds. Can anyone help enlighten me or has anyone else noticed this.
the reason it does not seem like it shifts like a normal car is it doesn't
the CVT has the ability to constantly change the gear ration to anyone it wants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.