Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to hybrid world and i have been reading about people hypermiling thier cars and all. I am not looking ot get 100mpg, but would love to get in the high 40s low 50s if i can. From the little i have done research, I think there was some software crack for MIMA.

So to get these better gas mileage, do i need a software? or is it just basic careful driving that is being described as hypermiling. Sorry for retarded question, but i have yet so much to learn.

· Registered
41 Posts
MIMA has nothing to do with the 5th wheel. MIMA is a way to override the computer in the car to activate the electric motor for assist and regen when the driver choses. Manual integrated motor assist. MIMA is not available for the crz but maybe in a few years it could be. The folks at 99mpg have only begun to crack the codes in the insight II.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and if you drive conservatively and go under posted limits, you will get in the 40s. If you do more unsafe things like drafting and over inflating your tires you may get closer to 50.
how does over inflating give you better gas mileage?
as for drafting, i have the cvt and i know drafting is not save, so i do not do that or plan on doing so.

If i can get 45mpg i will be a happy camper. :)

· Registered
618 Posts
Overinflation can create a smaller contact patch. Smaller patch means less rolling resistance. Less resistance means more mpgs. It also wears out the center of the tread faster and causes reduced lateral grip.

· Registered
1,217 Posts
MIMA has nothing to do with the 5th wheel. MIMA is a way to override the computer in the car to activate the electric motor for assist and regen when the driver choses. Manual integrated motor assist. MIMA is not available for the crz but maybe in a few years it could be. The folks at 99mpg have only begun to crack the codes in the insight II.
And I thought I was up to date on hybrids :blush:

Pretty cool thou. The CR-Z gets a bigger electric motor but more weight than the original Insight. This would be pretty cool if it was a cheap mod. Useful for puttering around parking lots or traffic jams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.