Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Sean, I posted another thread with the baseline! Jesse sent me a cool Dyno graph with the before and after! I'll post it here when I get off work.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You can't just leave us hanging on details, man. Pipe diameter? Muffler type? Can we get this with a non ti tip?

This sounds incredible. The best exhaust sound, by far, from what I've heard.

I want this exhaust. Those are some crazy gains. But I'm taking them with a grain of salt. No baseline on the same day, no count.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
11whp and 4wtq gain - good stuff.

Pipe diameter? Other mods? (I'm assuming none)

way to be a pioneer. I'm in for some driving impressions.
those are decent gains... and remember that they're also just peak gains... i'm sure the torque curve looks a lot better now...

just from experience with my '06 Si, when it was first released peak gains were hard to come by... but some mods had gains of even 23hp mid-range with a peak of like 5-6hp... what i'm trying to say is, some ppl forget that the low-mid range power is better than just a peak number...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bizzy your actually right the average gains were 20whp and 20wtrq, I'll post the dyno graph when I get home from work, it's amazing actually, big thanks to Sean who's an amazing fabricator and cursed his ass into a great exhaust lol. And for those asking the pipe diameter is 2", it's pretty much straight pipe with an ultra silent vibrant resonator. Much thanks to Jesse at turbo-kits.com for coming to me to do this, he's an awesome guy and it was alot of fun staying till almost 1 am at the shop to get this on the dyno and see what we gained and honestly unwashed impressed! I had high hopes but inside I questioned it but it met my expectations. The exhaust is currently a prototype, I'm driving it around for now making sure there's not hitting or codes ect. But it's been great so far. I'm assuming sometime next week it will go off the car and sent to production. Jesse from turbo-kits will be on here shortly with further details. Next week we will be doing a full cold air intake and doing a dyno with both upgrades on and see what we get :) I'm like a kid at a candy store :), I'm so pumped u guys like it and that I'm able to be a part of this :).

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Bizzy your actually right the average gains were 20whp and 20wtrq,
:police: wait, are you implying that i'm usually wrong?? :angry:
Jesse from turbo-kits will be on here shortly with further details. Next week we will be doing a full cold air intake and doing a dyno with both upgrades on and see what we get :) I'm like a kid at a candy store :), I'm so pumped u guys like it and that I'm able to be a part of this :).
i hope they're setting up an account to be a vendor :rules: :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol no Bizzy not at all lol! My bad it wasn't ment like that at all! It ms more like "bizzy your right" :). I asked him and yes he said he will be a vendor. Guys pretty busy!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol cool. We might be going ahead and make a turbo kit for this, just gotta get wifey's approval lol. She's already botching about exhaust and intake FML lol, this was suppose to be just a DD. Oh well. I'm thinking get the 1/4 mile with the intake and exhaust and see what I can put down, I'm sure u guys will love to see that. 15.9?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well luckily I'm a pretty kickass driver! Why? Bc I drive that bitch like I stole it lol. I was one of the few mazdaspeed 3 owners that can say I ran 13.9 in stock trim.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
nice... likewise... not very many ppl got the Si into the 14's 100% stock... some might have cheated by taking out the weight of the tire or removed the air filter or even waited until colder parts of the year to run better times... but my best was 14.9 @ 94.8mph 100% stock and a race weight of 3050lbs (i was 220lbs at the time) and 88 degree NIGHT...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.