Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Car

So today we got the prototype done. The car came to LIFE!!!! we didn't get to dyno due to time, but thats the first thing on the agenda tomorrow morning. NO BULLSHIT, i can strongly say that i dont see why i wont see 130whp, sounds out there, but the car just came to life. The car pulls, i mean actually pulls now lol. :thumbsup:

Ill add videos and dyno results and sheets tomorrow, stay tune.

HYBRIDKOOP HAS THE FASTEST CRZ IN AMERICA LMAO

YouTube - Cr-z dyno w/ CAI+catback
YouTube - Honda cr-z 1st & 2nd gear pull
quick run to 0-60 not very accurate, i didn't launch, but i believe that was about 7.5sec give or take.

Text Line Font Plot Pattern
:thumbsup:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda cr-z

·
Registered
59 Posts
what did you do with all of the extra hoses and shit that are attached to the stock one? and also about how much did that run you? Is it kind of like the Spectre build-your-own kind of thing and if so it should be about the same right?? Thanks:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Looking forward to see some graph.
Actually the Spoon race CR-Z has stepped its foot(well... wheels) in USA so which one is fastest? The fastest CR-Z in America? Maybe fastest USDM CR-Z.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would totally rather a SRI as opposed to a CAI. I actually had to replace the motor on my 08 accord V6 because of my CAI causing hydrolock. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER CAI again. In fact, I had an SRI with heat shield on my 06 Mustang GT, and with a dynotune it increased my RWHP by 25.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
one of the moderating greats known around these parts as "bizzy" made a great comment about SRI's vs CAIs

= the elextric motor is there to provide low end power. SRI's are good for throttle response and low end whereas a CAI is better for top end gains. The CRZ needs the most help up top where there is less assist from IMA. I agree with this logic so i think a CAI is the way to go on this car vs a SRI. Even better would be if some company can make a closed box intake similar to the Comptech one for the TSX. that intake was proven to make almost as much power as a cai without any low end loss and no risk of hydrolock.

As for hydrolock, I was under the impression that you had to drive into a pool of standing water and submerge the air filter to hydrolock a motor. Also if you coast through a huge standing body you should be ok because if you dont accelerate the cai isnt sucking in air / water. Someone chime in to correct me if im wrong.

congrats hybridkoop.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking forward to see some graph.
Actually the Spoon race CR-Z has stepped its foot(well... wheels) in USA so which one is fastest? The fastest CR-Z in America? Maybe fastest USDM CR-Z.
Lol I was just BS'ing since I don't know of anyone with a CAI and cat-back exhaust. But hey I'll take fastest usdm :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would totally rather a SRI as opposed to a CAI. I actually had to replace the motor on my 08 accord V6 because of my CAI causing hydrolock. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER CAI again. In fact, I had an SRI with heat shield on my 06 Mustang GT, and with a dynotune it increased my RWHP by 25.
Well this CAI can also function as a SRI, if u notice the second coupler, u can actually take out the bottom half of the intake and place the filter there and run at ad SRI. I ran the car with the SRI and the CAI and it was a night and day difference on this car.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
one of the moderating greats known around these parts as "bizzy" made a great comment about SRI's vs CAIs
:hi5:

i can't wait to see dyno #'s for this thing... and i'm also interested in the sound it produces... oh another thing, can you post pics of where the MAF sits on the piping? also, i'm assuming no CEL?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So brief update, dyno is showing impressive gains across the bored but not much peak gained. Decent bump in peak torque gains and torque gains across the graph. The hp shows little to no peak gains but very nice gains across the graph.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.