Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

just wanted to give u guys a head-up, this thursday we will be doing the CAI system and dyno'ing it both exhaust and intake, can't wait for results. The exhaust did get louder but sounds wicked I love it. Jesse from TurboKits.com spoke to me today about possibly doing a 2nd option exhaust with a secondary resonator, for those looking for something quiter. I feel the exhaust actually is making a tad bit more power after break-in period. We dynoed the same day it was finished so it could be a possibility. However, come Thursday, look forward to see a thread up with pics and video of the dyno run w/ catback and CAI with dyno comparison sheet.

Thanks, hybridkoop

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Hey guys,

just wanted to give u guys a head-up, this thursday we will be doing the CAI system and dyno'ing it both exhaust and intake, can't wait for results. The exhaust did get louder but sounds wicked I love it. Jesse from TurboKits.com spoke to me today about possibly doing a 2nd option exhaust with a secondary resonator, for those looking for something quiter. I feel the exhaust actually is making a tad bit more power after break-in period. We dynoed the same day it was finished so it could be a possibility. However, come Thursday, look forward to see a thread up with pics and video of the dyno run w/ catback and CAI with dyno comparison sheet.

Thanks, hybridkoop
Waiting!! :sadwavey: and yes... quieter is good... louder than stock, yes.. wide open.. no! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bizzy I just spoke to Jesse and that's the plan, come in early do a few pulls then go to work on the CAI and dyno that same day.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys I also wanted to mention that the final product might not be as loud. When we were doing the prototype we couldn't find a resonator with a 2" inlet or outlet, nor a exhaust tip that was 2" inlet, so we used 2.5" resonator and tip, and just fabbed it up properly to make it work. However the final piece will be completely 2", and it might possibly tone it down a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
cool.

im in for updates.

usually the ECU takes a while to register mods so i dont doubt that you feel a bit more power. youll find out on dyno day.
actually the ECU will sense a change immediately and adjust for it on the safe side... tho after some driving, it might register the new amount of air or whatever as the "norm" and compensate again...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
on the tsx sometimes we would unplug the battery to get the ECU to adjust faster.. it didnt seem instant on that car. for those that didnt unplug the battery the car just took a few WOT runs to register changes... its a new day i suppose

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.