Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there really is a write off or rebate or deduction we can take on the CR-Z Hybrid. I have been told both yes and no. On the yeses I've heard anywhere from 1,000-2,500. Hope this is true--probably just rumers.:staffmeeting:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Correct, Honda no longer has any cars that qualify for a federal tax break. There are still some cars that do qualify (i.e. the new Ford hybrids).

However, check with your state tax department. Here in Colorado, there are still some tax credits available. Your state may have similar tax breaks.

sparrow

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yeah, I was bummed when I looked online and found no government incentives for the CR-Z. It's no doubt those dratted Tea Party folks at work already!!! :rolleyes:

Just kidding... joke... no political debate offered or wanted! :pP:

We took advantage of the sales tax break when we bought my wife's Civic last year. Wish that at least THAT was still in place, even if a hybrid incentive isn't offered on the CR-Z.

·
Registered
56 Posts
it all sounds dumb to me, i cant get a write off cuz the manufacturer made enough cars? I should still get one cuz i bought it not cuz they made it.
I'm going to guess that it may have something to do with goals they've put in place to have x% hybrids on the road by 20xx. It's likely not really about rewarding the consumer for buying a hybrid so much as coaxing them to buy one when they might otherwise not have. Clearly they're on track with their goals.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Because next time i may not get a hybrid just because their is no incentive, if the govt aint gonna do right by me why should i do right for them. I thought i would get a tax break for having a hybrid, now that im not why bother getting another.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Because next time i may not get a hybrid just because their is no incentive, if the govt aint gonna do right by me why should i do right for them. I thought i would get a tax break for having a hybrid, now that im not why bother getting another.
If you bought it thinking you were going to get the tax credit, this is a slightly different case. Sorry this didn't turn out to be the case. I had something similar happen to me with a warranty. I thought the car I bought had a certain warranty from the factory, but it turned out that it was not transferable.

It's important to thoroughly verify such things before the purchase.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We think of it as an incentive to buy a car, but it's also incentive to car makers to develope new technologies. When they fisrt start producing hybirds and electrics, the expense is high, and hence so is the price of the cars. Too high of a price and nobody will buy them, so the rebates are there to help lower the cost.

Once the new technoolgy is developed however, the cost curve bends down and the rebates are not needed anymore. The price and qualilty get good enough that people will buy them without the rebate. So the government sets a limit on how long rebates are offered based on the number of hybrids sold by each company. If the kept giving rebates companies like toyota they toyota would either....

A - Keep prices artificially high and in effect keep the rebate for themselves.
B - Keep the prices really low and keep the compitition from being able to compete.

Its a really good way of getting the manufactures to start investing in new technologys, since they know there will a price cushion there to start with.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i think there should be a tax rebate, here in jersey they have the green tax or whatever its called for the home, when you put a solar system or anything that is "green" as long as it qualifies you get a tax rebate, why should this be different for cars, it has to be the same thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.