Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used these? Sounds like they would clean up a lot of the "play" in the shifter. Saw an install of the 2 spring kit but apparently the crz uses 3 springs. Going to have to find out where the 3rd one is before I commit.

Font Office supplies Parallel Pattern Number

· Registered
615 Posts
I have the detent springs in mine along with the short shifter and solid shifter bushings. It tightens it up nicely, makes shifting very notchy, you have to push past a point to put it in gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· This space deliberately left blank
2,515 Posts
I noticed a big difference in the amount of play while shifting with the cable bushings... I didn't get around to installing the detent springs though. I think those mostly impact the effort needed to shift though.

· Registered
2010 Honda CR-Z Sport Black
18 Posts
Has anyone here used these? Sounds like they would clean up a lot of the "play" in the shifter. Saw an install of the 2 spring kit but apparently the crz uses 3 springs. Going to have to find out where the 3rd one is before I commit.

View attachment 69175
Here's a video made by one of my fellow UK owners, handy to watch before installation. I installed these on my car and it's a subtle but nice change to the shift.
Hybrid Racing Detent Springs Install - Honda CRZ ZF1 - EXPRESSION CULTURE - YouTube

1 - 7 of 7 Posts