Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how long does the hybrid battery last? My 2012 crz has about 123,000 miles and am wondering when I should start worrying. I don't 'speak car' but I love my car. Any info is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,997 Posts
This is the first question many members ask either before they buy a CR-Z or shortly after joining here. Not one member on this forum has replaced or needed to replace the Hybrid (IMA) battery. ( Litz replaced one on his Insight) The under hood battery is another matter, some have had to replace them multiple times. On Hybrid parts some have had to replace the DC to DC converter and or the IPU fan.

Be forewarned if anything weird happens and you get all kinds of warnings on the dash either load test or just replace the under hood battery first then see if you still have warning lights.

Welcome to the forum and feel free to use the search function or visit the ABCs thread ABC's for the CR-Z for more common knowledge.

About how long does the hybrid battery last? My 2012 crz has about 123,000 miles and am wondering when I should start worrying. I don't 'speak car' but I love my car. Any info is appreciated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts