Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

HPD Supercharger on a 2015.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  litz 
#1 ·
I’m tired of driving this slug and its time for more power so I’m looking into a blower setup. I’d like to go with the HPD setup but from what I’m seeing the installation instructions state it’s for up to model year 2014. One other problem is I’m in California and even though the kit has a Ca certification number once again it’s only up to model year 2014.

#2 ·
Idk what to tell ya if you're stuck on HPD but there are others you can look into. I'm kinda in the same boat, not in cali, but I want turbo. Will probably have to go with SC at some point though. Unless I figure out a custom turbo setup.

#3 ·
As far as selling the car goes I’ve thought about but I’d loose my a$$,cars got only 3000 miles and with the coil overs,tires and wheels I’ve got maybe $23,000 in it. Some say sell it now and move on,not gonna happen. I’m looking into super charger setup but it’s got to be certified for the car,I’m going to get the answer to that before I move forward. I’m not trying to do the impossible with this car,just need a little more power.

#5 ·
Most cars depreciate. Any money spent to modify is lost when sold in most cases. I deleted my post above after reviewing your other posts. Why not be happy with what the car is and stop trying to change it to be something it isn't?

You have been here 3 years so you drive approximately an average of 1000 miles a year at that point if I drove so little I would rent a vehicle when I needed one and save all the costs of ownership. With so little mileage surprised you do not have under hood and IMA Battery issues.

But as I have said many times before we are all different and spend our money and makes our choices.

My car is coming up on 68,000 miles and has been all over. But this is your thread about what you want.

Good luck finding what you want that will be legal in CA. I highly doubt it exists but it is not something I have any interest in but others here might.

#6 ·
There may be a problem with putting the HPD supercharger in the 2016, but I'm thinking it IS compatible with the 2015. Give HPD a call at 661 294 7300 (that's the direct number I used at the time of installation to ask them a few questions--hope it's still a live number.) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.