Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this kit be used on a 2016 model? The ones for sale only list 2011-2015.

·
Super Moderator
6,490 Posts
The engine was not changed in all the years. The IMA system was but the ECU in 2016 probably was. You will probably get better information if you talk to a dealer or contact Honda USA or HPD.

The 2016 year was the last year of production and many things were changed . Trim level markings are 2016 unique. The interior (Built in armrest console, all touch screen radios, Lane watch, Electric parking brake) and many exterior items were changed( rear track was widened). It is also the lowest production year world wide. Many countries did not even have the 2013s that had the LI-ION ZF2 facelift even less had 2016s. It will be hard enough to find one let alone with a manual transmission and an HPD supercharger in stock then of course there is the compatibility issues. Most USA cars were CVT which you can't use with an HPD supercharger. Most options are interchangeable between years but some are not and 2016 is a particular bastard year for modifications and options.

Many of the 2016s were left overs and due to that are extremely high priced. Read that as super high markups above MSRP. If you can find one.

I wish you luck but have you even found one available that you are willing to buy? How much are you willing to spend? Put a number on you your dream. I doubt it exists with all you are looking for but prove me wrong post a listing you have found for a 2016 MT and an available HPD Supercharger kit either installed or available and even then probably not compatible.

·
Super Moderator
6,490 Posts
Since he wants a back Seat and forced induction he can buy a brand new Type R all he loses is the Hybrid engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My plan is to buy a '15 & '16 both mt. From what I have found Canada models at least for '16 came loaded. Northway Ford has one for 15,888 with 87,000 klm on it. Carvana has a '16 with 15k but no nav, heated seats and the seats are 2 tone with fabric and leather. Canadian seats are full leather in all black. Iv yet to see any in 🇺🇸 with heated seats. Japanese models have full leather but no heat, not to mention the right drive. I hope to do all the hpd upgrades on the '15 and maybe just do body mods on the '16.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My plan is to buy a '15 & '16 both mt. From what I have found Canada models at least for '16 came loaded. Northway Ford has one for 15,888 with 87,000 klm on it. Carvana has a '16 with 15k but no nav, heated seats and the seats are 2 tone with fabric and leather. Canadian seats are full leather in all black. Iv yet to see any in 🇺🇸 with heated seats. Japanese models have full leather but no heat, not to mention the right drive. I hope to do all the hpd upgrades on the '15 and maybe just do body mods on the '16.
In the USA the leather and heated seats with nav would be in the EX-L version only otherwise it would be the leather/fabric orange/black combo no heated seats for the 2016 EX. The base model is the LX.

The one at Northway ford has an aftermarket radio, meaning the factory backup camera and the lane watch camera might not work unless the previous owner figured out how to wire them, just a thought

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did 2016 model offer a ex-l?
Yes, I have seen a couple of them. However, some dealers put them as EX and not EX-L "they don't know the difference or they make mistakes". The only way I saw them is by seeing the leather heated seats and factory nav.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts