Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
241 - 254 of 254 Posts
Looks like you are using dash command. Can I ask what is the reading of your intake temperature with the stock airbox? I just want to compare it to an open filter.

Hey Tacitblue, have you put any thought into wrapping or shielding your headers? I'm wondering how much extra heat I'm producing now that I have the HPD SC. Also, which air filter does the HPD kit require? I know it's a crappy paper filter and wanted to swap it out for the K&N filter.

Hey Tacitblue, have you put any thought into wrapping or shielding your headers? I'm wondering how much extra heat I'm producing now that I have the HPD SC. Also, which air filter does the HPD kit require? I know it's a crappy paper filter and wanted to swap it out for the K&N filter.
filter is from a '13 civic SI, p# 17220-RX0-A00 (per the packing list from HPD)
Stock:
Air Filter 2.4L - 17220-RX0-A00 - College Hills Honda
K&N:
K&N 33-2473 Replacement Air Filter, Replacement Filters

Interestingly this is about the same number that I'm getting, but the JRSC is an open filter. I know the intercooler is doing its job, but I would have suspected it would be a lot warmer.

Discussion starter · #248 ·
Interestingly this is about the same number that I'm getting, but the JRSC is an open filter. I know the intercooler is doing its job, but I would have suspected it would be a lot warmer.
It varies a bit with speed of course. Highway speed has it about 7 over, if I'm crawling in traffic it's probably more like 15 over ambient. My normal 'driving around town' average is about 10 over. I would think the directional aspect of the snorkel pointing at the cool air vent near the front might have a small advantage over the open cone filter, with the downside of reduced in max flow potential.

Discussion starter · #249 ·
Thanks Crash! The dealership still has all of my old parts and manual in a box. Have to go pick it up at some point. I'm sure unwound have read that about the type of filter if I had the manual. Thanks again bud!
I like my aFe pro dry filter, you might want to consider it along with the K&N. I posted the part number for it in this thread somewhere... (Yes, the civic si version)

...Another 2 hours of tearing down what I had just built and I find the culprit: one of the high flow injectors I installed with the kit is stuck closed. A couple of hard whacks on my work bench frees it up, so back on goes the fuel rail and I'm 100% once again. And this time... it runs just fine....
I'm about to swap out my piggyback for my Sprintex's tune and go with KTuner, using the HPD injectors. I'm wondering if there's a way to test the injectors for the stuck closed situation you ran into (before I install them.) Is it a good idea just to give them each a couple of hard whacks on the work bench before installation? [Who knows, but sometime down the road I might just upgrade to the HPD kit, but mine's a 2013 with CVT, although I don't see that as a particular problem now that I have a tuning option.] Appreciate any tips you can give me about the injectors (or even eventually going to the HPD kit.)

I have an all stock 2014 and I'm getting the hpd sc installed in a couple of weeks by a honda dealer. Are the stock brakes and wheels going to be safe with the sc? What other upgrades would you recommend at a minimum with the sc? It's my only car and I don't plan on racing it on a track or anything like that.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts