Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
201 - 220 of 254 Posts
Discussion starter · #201 ·
Does your HPD diffuser pop out a little right above the exhaust tips? There are like 4 clips I can't get to attach permanently. It leaves just enough gap to see the ground. :(
I had the same problem when I was installing mine. I could not get the middle clips to catch no matter how hard I pushed or pounded on it. It wasn't until I got really frustrated and smashed it will all my might that they all finally grabbed. Mine has no gap, completely closed all the way across. So maybe you just haven't been firm enough with it?

I had the same problem when I was installing mine. I could not get the middle clips to catch no matter how hard I pushed or pounded on it. It wasn't until I got really frustrated and smashed it will all my might that they all finally grabbed. Mine has no gap, completely closed all the way across. So maybe you just haven't been firm enough with it?
lol thanks. I'll give it a Hulk smash and see what happens. :beer:

Discussion starter · #204 ·
Driving Impression

I just had a buddy of mine at work take my car for a spin. He's been wanting to try it ever since I finished my build, especially since I got the HPD suspension installed. I was eager to get his impressions too, since he's a real enthusiast and has driven a bunch of performance oriented cars, and even some exotics, so he'd have a good reference set to draw from (his DD is a BMW 1M). After a couple spirited back road sprints, his conclusion:
Very comparable to a Lotus Elise. Just as quick with a similar power-to-weight feel. Handling is reminiscent of the Lotus too, both agile and well-planted at the same time, especially while accelerating through turns. In fact he felt the handling was superior to the Elise when the road turned bumpy.

His overall feeling was that, with the level of performance you get combined with "real" DD accommodations and Honda quality, the HPD CR-Z is an incredibly fun, desirable car.

This was just one more confirmation to me that HPD really did a fantastic job. We're all very fortunate to have the opportunity to own one of these, and if you bolt it together yourself, at a reasonable price to boot.

I just had a buddy of mine at work take my car for a spin. He's been wanting to try it ever since I finished my build, especially since I got the HPD suspension installed. I was eager to get his impressions too, since he's a real enthusiast and has driven a bunch of performance oriented cars, and even some exotics, so he'd have a good reference set to draw from (his DD is a BMW 1M). After a couple spirited back road sprints, his conclusion:
Very comparable to a Lotus Elise. Just as quick with a similar power-to-weight feel. Handling is reminiscent of the Lotus too, both agile and well-planted at the same time, especially while accelerating through turns. In fact he felt the handling was superior to the Elise when the road turned bumpy.

His overall feeling was that, with the level of performance you get combined with "real" DD accommodations and Honda quality, the HPD CR-Z is an incredibly fun, desirable car.

This was just one more confirmation to me that HPD really did a fantastic job. We're all very fortunate to have the opportunity to own one of these, and if you bolt it together yourself, at a reasonable price to boot.
Love reading things like this ^^^

Can't wait for my HPD SC. Ordering in two weeks!

Question guys/girls,

After the HPD SC is installed will the stock air filter still be usable? If I were to buy a K&N air filter for the air box, will it still be usable with the new air box that comes with the HPD sc kit?

No.
The HPD airbox uses a filter from a civic SI. If you get the K&N filter for the SI it should drop in.

What model year Si air filter do you need to buy? I want the k&n version. Ill have to wait and see what comes with the new airbox. I might call HPD and ask them which model year Si works. I'm assuming it's the K24 airbox.

What model year Si air filter do you need to buy? I want the k&n version. Ill have to wait and see what comes with the new airbox. I might call HPD and ask them which model year Si works. I'm assuming it's the K24 airbox.
17220-RX0-A00, and yup, it's from the k24.

Didn't have to go far.

Big box is HPD kit box full of leftover bits with packing slip. Little box is full of Innovative mounts.

Yes, this is my kitchen. Yes, I'm single.

Didn't have to go far.

Big box is HPD kit box full of leftover bits with packing slip. Little box is full of Innovative mounts.

Haha! If I were single my kitchen would probably look the same ;)

Discussion starter · #215 ·
Didn't have to go far.

Looks like my garage. and my basement. and my office. and my storage shed. :)

With all the back and forth with my kit's initial missing parts I wound up with a bunch of extra stuff that HPD and Honda kept sending to me (after my install was finished, by the way).. not that I'm complaining, you never know when you're going to need a few dozen stainless steel washers.

If only they would have sent me something I could really use, like an extra Rotrex.

PearlWhite: By the way, after seeing what looked like some grit in my stock airbox getting past my K&N, I switched to an aFe Pro Dry when I installed the SC.

Here's my post on it:
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/752282-post91.html

Tacitblue:

I will check out that air filter. Seems promising. Glad to know that info before I make the switch. BTW, I also bought a high performance oil filter by HKS in preparation for the SC.

Looks awesome! So does the honda dealer putting the HPD on a CR-z matters when it comes to the factory warranty? I'm one of those guys who would love to have my CR-Z be as factory made as possible, or as I believe, as Honda meant it to be as possible. :) And I can still order them right? Even for a 2011 one? Because I have not buy my CR-Z just yet.

201 - 220 of 254 Posts