Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at the mall and was leaving in the afternoon with a friend. I caught The front fascia with a quick glimpse and told my friend driving to swing back around. She slowed down and I looked the car over and fell in love. I went back home and as my roommate arrived I proceeded to tell her about the car... turns out she saw another one around town and she was going to tell me to look it up that night. So I was planning on getting a new car and called my Dad to see if he could help out. He was hesitant at first (he liked the fit...) but finally gave in... my red ex w/cvt comes in somewhere between the 22nd and 26th. I consider myself more tech than car savvy but would say I have a pretty good understanding of the car market. Having said that I had no idea the car even existed, neither did my roommate... THE GODS COMMAND ME TO HAVE THE CAR!

TL;DR - RED CRZ EX W/CVT SOON!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I have been reading about it for years on various sites and LOVED the look, but HATED the performance numbers. I have since decided that a more fuel efficient car would be a good idea so I added it to the garage.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Honda's website. I was looking through all the car makers one by one looking for something smaller and cheaper to insure/maintain then my Charger. I had just left Toyota's site and I was disappointed that Mitsubishi did not make the 6 cylinder Eclipse in manual. I saw the add on Honda's site, dug deeper, saw it came in manual and really hit that spot that my 99 Eclipse left open.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I never knew anything about a CR-Z until I went into the local Honda Dealer around September 24the to look at the Civic Si 6-Speed. And sitting at the front door was this Blue 2-door car that my wife and I both thought was pretty cool. It was a Automatic and I wanted a 6-speed talk to the salesman and he said he had a Blue EX with NAV and 6-Speed coming in on Sept 27th. Well I decided to wait for it to come in so I could look at it. Well it finally came in on Oct 5th. I went and looked at it. Went back Oct 6th at lunchtime did all the paper work and took delivery that night.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was following the Civic Type-R when it was introduced and was upset that it wasn't coming to the states. But then Honda developed the CR-Z and I was like WOW, so I followed it and was excited to know it was coming here. I showed the car to a few friends and that thought it was my CR-X that I used Photoshop lol. Told'em no, its the real deal. Every since then I waited and I'm still waiting to get my hands on mine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I saw the CR-Z concept car online in late 2008 or early 2009 (I think) and fell in love with it. It's great how the production car turned out (though the concept car was really cool.) I was ready to buy the CR-Z on Aug. 24th (first official day of sale in the U.S.) and did just that. Haven't regretted getting it!
Lee

·
Registered
22 Posts
:yeahthat:

I followed the concept since it's inception and am thrilled to be driving it now. I LOVE 2 seater coupes and have had a hybrid (the original Insight) since 2000. I also love small efficient manual sports cars (big Miata fan here)...soooo, the CR-Z is a perfect "hybrid" of the two that puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Never knew a thing about it until one fateful day in August. I had decided my next car would almost certainly be a hybrid. Did an internet search on hybrid car comparisons and lo and behold something called a Honda CR-Z shows up on the list. I'm still trying to clean the remains of the drool from my keyboard! :drool:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
OK i wrecked my 91 crx in 05, even before that i hoped honda would come out with a new version of the x. then one day at my buddies house he filled me in with some new info he got, honda is doing a new crx, but at this point he had pix of the new civic pshoped into a crx. i was sike from that moment on i would call honda and see if they knew anything. Went to sema and asked there but nodda. 07 started seeing pix of the concept and it got me in such a frenzy, was searching and searching but got no info on when. finally went to the ny auto show and found out it was comming late summer early fall. went to honda 2 months before release and put a down payment on one before seeing it. 5 0'clock aug 24th i rolled out of the dealer with 000005 miles on it. Best desision i ever made.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i saw it back in 2007 and sorta checked on it from time to time, mostly staying away from websites where ppl were talking about what they wanted... that stuff just wastes time... so until i started hearing from more credible sites about what the car might come with i started getting more interested...

around the time i joined this site is when i really got into learning about the car and falling in love with it... after the test drive when it came out in August, i was 100% sold on it and now i just need to wait until my license is fixed to pick one up :hiding:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my CRV in for a cheap oil change at the dealer and saw one on the lot while I was waiting. I really should learn to stay in the waiting room instead of wandering around looking at new cars. I came back the next day to order the color I wanted and got it 2 days later.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I started looking around for a new car at the beginning of the year.. I wanted to lower my costs so I wanted something with cheaper insurance and better miles to the gallon. After doing a lot of looking around I decided that I'd like a hybrid, so I looked at the usual suspects, Prius, Civic Hybrid etc, but didn't like the shapes of them. I heard about the new Toyota Auris HSD and heard it was being built in the UK... so I thought that I'd found my new car.. But after a test drive I thought it was bland and boring and was about to give up for another few months.

But I did some searching on the internet and found the CR-Z and after a test drive I knew I'd found my new car. Ordered it in mid July, picked it up late October.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wasn't looking for a new car, I was satisfied with my smart. While I was waiting for the smart center to service my car I walked next door to the Honda dealer. There was a crowd of salesmen all around a car the just received. When they cleared out I saw it.......But what the hell is it, I never saw a Honda that looked like that, When I got close enough I saw Honda CRZ Hybrid. I called my wife ant told her to look it up online, A month later I am driving my EX 6 speed, and loving it. I got a lot of looks and comments with the smart, but I have many more with the CRZ. While parked outside at work I have had people going down the street stop and ask about it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
When l was 18 yrs old l own a Black 1986 CRX Si, thruout the years l had a pleasure owning quite a few CRXs to this date l still have my 1988 CRX Si (daily driver) l been waiting for a Honda CRX replacement for over 15 years and when l heard rumors of the new CR-Z l couldn't wait to buy it, l was sold the minute the prototype was reveiled.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Saw some articles on the Honda S2000 forum.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It was after I'd seen a brochure for the Insight at the dealer who serviced my Accord. I started checking out the early reviews for the Insight to see if it might be a viable car, but concluded that it was just a bit too slow and spartan when I found a few mentions of the CR-Z. I checked it out and loved the look of it and thought a smaller car with a bigger engine might be an option, although I was probably doing too many miles to make buying a new car a good idea. Once I changed jobs and stopped traveling, it all fell into place.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.