Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,160 Posts
I like the grey stripe a lot - and the way it ties into the wheels is brilliant.
It was just the shadow and the dark asphalt that sparked my earlier comments.
One or two still pictures make it very hard to tell what the beast looks like in person.

Oh, and when you are done ruining yours, wanna come up here and ruin mine a bit? :D

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I like the grey stripe a lot - and the way it ties into the wheels is brilliant.
It was just the shadow and the dark asphalt that sparked my earlier comments.
One or two still pictures make it very hard to tell what the beast looks like in person.

Oh, and when you are done ruining yours, wanna come up here and ruin mine a bit? :D
I'll see if I can capture a short bit of video. That should help with the "what it looks like in person" issues.

Once it cures over the weekend (going on vacation) I may spray an additional coat of glossifier on it. I'm hoping that makes the black section look less like asphalt. :rotfl:

As much as I would love to help ruin Amy, I have already exceeded the wife's threshold of tolerance for automotive shenanigans. First, I had to explain why I was driving 1,000 miles to NC where I would drive around some more. Then I had to paint my wheels and car instead of helping her paint my daughter's bedroom. Now she found the box that was delivered in the mail the other day.:eyebrows:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nice ferret! You should see my husband's heraldic device (coat of arms). BTW, are you really driving 1000 miles to the Dragon? You might beat my distance. Or is that both ways?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thanks. I'll post a DIY on the install when I have a chance to do the drivers' side. I no longer own a ferret, but I had three of them years ago. Great pets. This one kinda looks like a cross between a ferret and the lion sigaldry for House Lannister.

981 miles
15h 26min

From my office to Fontana Village resort. At least, that's what Google maps is telling me. I'll leave Wednesday after work, stay overnight in Allentown, PA, then drive the remainder of the trip Thursday. Then I'll reverse the same trek to get home.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm pretty safe then. :) I get 1314 on the way there and 1070 for the more direct route home. We've had 2 pairs of ferrets at different times, before we decided to go dog-only.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
First rule of Project War Weasel: Do not take Project War Weasel seriously.

This is how the project began. I just couldn't justify the price. (At the time, $140 for a custom image.) They have since come way down in price. I had a friend do the artwork for me. Then I called Joe at Mr. Kustom and placed an order.

A few weeks are needed for custom orders. So, a few weeks later, this arrived.

The packaging is very nice. Hate to recycle such nice cardboard. Inside the box was a set of projectors, a hole saw, an awful lot of wire, and two sets of instructions. The instructions are so generic, they are useless. They read something like, "Open box. Drill hole. Wire it up." This is not a problem. The projectors are not difficult to figure out.

Using instructions written by Hoisumguo and paying attention to MachEvan's update at the bottom of the page, I was able to remove the passenger side door card. It took me a while the first time. The second was cake.

With the door card removed, I used the provided hole saw to… well… make a hole.

Note that the placement I chose did not leave enough room for the projector to fit without further modification. There's a big honkin' chunk of styrofoam in the way.

A 1" paddle bit fixed that. The bit is wider than the hole saw. So, I fed the dull end of the bit shaft through the hole. I had to force the teeth through the foam. (Which was easy.)

Then I hooked up my drill and plowed out a hole in the foam. You could probably cut the foam away with a kitchen knife, but I like to keep things as tidy as possible. I made the hole bigger than the projector because it needed room for the cord, and to leave some wiggle room. The hole in the plastic is cut at an angle. Trying to match that perfectly would be tough.

There's a set screw on a collar around the projector. Once that has been loosened, you can unscrew the collar. Slide the projector into the hole and reposition the collar.

Don't tighten it immediately. You won't know if your image is positioned the way you want until it's hooked up to power.

I wired the puddle lights into the OEM curtesy lights. Cut. Splice. Cover. Easy peasy.

With the wiring all set, I used the top edge of the door card to "hook" it into position at the base of the window. I connected the battery to confirm the function of the lights. Then I adjusted them for position and tightened up the collar and set screw. Then it was just a matter of reinstalling the door card.

And here we go...

·
Registered
303 Posts
When I first saw your ferret image I thought it was an idea for new emblems. Then I read the rest if the thread lol. I really like the shadow lights. Between you and a few others on here I could be busy for a while modding my car.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,160 Posts
How are the repairs coming? Sorry to read about the boo-boo. But at least it was minor.
Might be a good time to upgrade to the HPD exhaust and diffuser? You could tell your insurance that it is the genuine Honda part! :D

Nice pic, btw.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts