Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I want the DRL's off. It may be as simple as a fuse, I haven't checked yet. I was hoping someone has disabled them already? Thanks
Why? A good safety feature. I personally hate it when I see a car in rain, fog, dusk, dawn with no lights - especially on two lane roads. And - you probablly got an insurance discount (for whatever it is worth) for the DRLs.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i dont understand why people hate things like DRL's? When youre driving you cant see them, and they dont get in your way at all. Not trying to derail this thread but just looking for insight into why you and many others hate such a simple thing....

?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sometimes I like to be in control of what comes ON and OFF. If I want DRL shouldn't that be my decision? I know they are a good idea and it gives other drivers a better chance of noticeing me when I do something stupid.

What about the interior lights? Why can't I get into my car at night without the whole world lighting up? What happened to choice! I could choose these things on my last car! Now I guess that Big Mother knows better! Rant OFF K

·
Registered
86 Posts
What we need as wiring diagram for the DRL and the feed back to what ever system that controls the voltage out to the high beam lights. The object would be to use a LED light strip for DRL and replace the high beam with HID.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Sometimes I like to be in control of what comes ON and OFF. If I want DRL shouldn't that be my decision? I know they are a good idea and it gives other drivers a better chance of noticeing me when I do something stupid.

What about the interior lights? Why can't I get into my car at night without the whole world lighting up? What happened to choice! I could choose these things on my last car! Now I guess that Big Mother knows better! Rant OFF K
hmmm, i guess i understand that..

as for the interior lights, you can set them to not turn on when you open the door... or if its too bright you can remove some bulbs (i know its not an ideal solution)

·
Registered
82 Posts
as for the interior lights, you can set them to not turn on when you open the door... or if its too bright you can remove some bulbs (i know its not an ideal solution)
:yeahthat:

Just flip that switch from "Door" to "Off", problem solved. Personally, I love that the whole car lights up when you unlock the doors.

Honestly, I don't really get the compulsion to control things that are designed to be beneficial, and coincidentally also by design, out of your control, like DRLs and the auto stop.

Change the things you can, accept the things you can't, don't waste gas at stop lights and be a little more visible to the other cars on the road. It's all for the best, it'll be ok...

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
Hello I was wondering if any EX owners gone to a drive-in with your car on? I'm afraid of my battery dying if in accessory mode but also don't want to have my DRL be a distraction for other people.
DRLs only activate when you release the emergency brake. So you could turn your CR-Z completely off and back on with the e-brake engaged and the only lights on would be the instruments, which you can turn down to the squintiest level. Running your car for 2 hours during a movie doesn't sound healthy for the people at the drive-in though, and your tank mileage will drop like a ton of bricks.

There were a couple posts talking about battery life at drive-ins specifically:
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/engine-battery-discussion/45642-battery-accessory-mode.html

I can't find the other one, but it mentioned that he would turn the engine on between movies on double features and it would be just fine. Best of luck!

Embarrassing, it is in that thread already, posted by Sonic Motor...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hello I was wondering if any EX owners gone to a drive-in with your car on? I'm afraid of my battery dying if in accessory mode but also don't want to have my DRL be a distraction for other people.
Talk about thread revival :blink:. The easiest way would be to park your and turn it off. Then set the hand brake and you can turn on the car. Your DRL will be off until you release the hand brake.

My thing on DRL is I hate it when they use your high beam or low beam. It just "wastes" the bulbs life when they are on. To me it is just a cheap way of a manufacture to install the DRL feature without going to the lengths of making them look good. Not sure if I'm making any sense :rotfl:. Like mine (13 EX) those are the only kind of DRL that I like. All vehicles with DRL need to come with the option to turn them off. When I drive to the gate at a base, you're suppose to turn off your headlights and use you park lights. There are times like that where it would be great to turn off you DRL in that type of situation. That's just my two cents. :thumbsup:

Edit: chimaera beat me to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.