Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

After reviewing the threads, how satisifed are you on your out the door price?

• Extremely Happy, got a steal.

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I got a good deal

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • I paid what I think it was worth

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Man, I got taken for a ride

Votes: 2 2.5%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reviewing the threads here on what others "said" they paid, how satisfied are you with your deal from your chosen dealership?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Paid , no deal or steals or time wasted. Got to hear the non-Internet dealers spout to their co-workers about the kwl new showroom addition that just rolled off the truck. then look confused because the space in the showroom was empty as they roll it out for me to drive home. Lack of accessories at the time was good as no hassle, but also a bit of a let down. Eh, gotta love first gen cars :p

-Hoi

·
Registered
693 Posts
I paid full list price and another $195 for "dealer documentation fee"and another $275 to have my car shipped from Oahu to Maui and I still think I got a steal.

The CRZ is really a bargain even at list price in the US.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i got $100 off msrp plus a damn good interest rate thru honda financial. My dealer experience was the worst ive ever had tho. i even called honda corporate to report them i was so upset. Stay away from Carbone Honda! Now i need to find another dealer for servicing.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I tried various internet queries with dealers across the state. No dealer was willing to budge on the price although thankfully there was no markup.

In the end I went out of state simply because since I got tired of waiting for my home dealer to find a car. I think Honda needs a revamp of how they move vehicles between dealers. I would love it if all dealers could access a national network of who has what/who needs what. The reality is dealers only seem to trade within the family chain or some other network.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very pleased. Was able to order exactly what I wanted and yet the dealer matched other offers to the point I was able to come in considerably under msrp. AND I actually received the car sooner than expected (on Xmas eve!). Dealer was Bianchi Honda, Erie, PA.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have bought 6 new vehicles and 3 used vehicles in the last 30 years all of which where American cars except for my new CR-Z and the buying experience from the Honda dealer on my CR-Z was by far the best.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I paid MSRP, no more no less...so I am satisfied.

I do think Honda is delivering a lot of value for that MSRP, so I'd put myself in "extremely satisfied" but instead chose "I paid what I think it's worth" since I wasn't able to negotiate down.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I paid MSRP, no more no less...so I am satisfied.

I do think Honda is delivering a lot of value for that MSRP, so I'd put myself in "extremely satisfied" but instead chose "I paid what I think it's worth" since I wasn't able to negotiate down.
I think you're absolutely right. Especially when you compare this to a Prius, which is supposed to be its major competitor. While getting slightly better mileage it costs about 5-7k more for an equivalent package, a point that seems to have escaped virtually every negative review that I've read. And to boot only one driving mode with Prius: boring.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
got a good deal for the car at the time but got a bit worked over on the trade in. all in all i figure they cancel each other out. I voted paid what it was worth but if i had no trade i think i got a good deal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think I got a steal in the price, but got hit with the dealer add ons and "delivery fee", so I just said good deal.

Base 6MT model: Dealer cost: $18,817, Factory Invoice: $19,204, MSRP: $20,095.

My price: $18,266, Delivery Fee: $499, Tinted windows and tire locks: $373. Out the door minus tax: $19,167. Tax and title/new plates was about $600.

So, just under factory invoice with tinted windows and tire locks. $350 over dealer cost, for a car that is pretty reasonably priced at MSRP. If I hadn't driven 4 hours for the $18,266 price on the exact color/trim I wanted, I might have protested the window tinting cost a bit more...but I was still pretty happy with the price and liked the look of the window tint, so I just went with it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i ended up getting the crz ex w/navi. had no intentions of navi, but it was the only model they had in black.

now they planned on selling me the showroom model, but toward the end of us wrapping up the deal they realized that model was 28k with all the add ons and accessories.

so at this point i was there for 5 hours and they wanted the sale, and i wasnt budging much.

msrp was 23960 on the ex w/navi.

i got 2k for my trade in, put 1750 down. and got an arm rest included.

left the dealer owing 20k. doesnt sound great..but taxes on a 24k car are well over 2k, and the armrest and installation is 600. so i saved around 3k...

happy but not insanely happy..

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.