Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is 50% in the front here and 35% for the rear window. I need to call the guy that I've had do the Tinting on my last two cars and get a quote. He was reasonable and I think I paid around 60 dollars to have the Husband's Sequoia's front windows done and around 150 to have the Charger done.

He also did the Charger's decal on the bottom trim... paid 40 to install that and again he did a fantastic job.

·
Registered
579 Posts
$150 for 20% on Crystal Black Pearl :thumbsup: Looks amazing.
ditto. I got 15 percent tint back/sides/window on bottom back and driver/passenger sides are 25 percent. I didnt wanna be pulled over for the driver/passenger side. So i did them as dark as it is legal in florida. Which is pretty dark. Looks sexy on black.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I plan on getting 35% in the back and 50% on the two fronts.

What are peoples opinion on Sun Strips? I wear sunglasses already and use the visor in the car. And I still get blinded through gaps in the visor between the side of the headliner and the A pillar. And on the side of the mirror, also.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Is it worth it to get the standard versus the superior? I'm being quoted $175 for standard llumar and $250 for a higher end llumar that contains ceramics (instead of metal). TKS!
The standard tint doesn't really block UV lighting. So, despite popular belief, regular tint doesn't keep your car cooler. Maybe a few degrees.

Now the stuff made w/ Ceramic. That shit kept my Acura TL-S ~70* during a 100* day for about 3 hours vs. 15 minutes w/ factory (standard) tint.

I'd pay the extra. But it gets hot and humid from May to late October/November in Houston.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
additionally metallic tint CAN interfere with radio signal, cell phone signal and GPS devices in a car. it may not be drastic but this interference has been documented.

ceramic tint is expensive but way worth it in my opinion. In Miami, my car definately stayed cooler with ceramic tints

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thanks Shat! Exactly what I had to hear. I doubt Houston is much worse than Tampa. We both need all the help we can get.
We definitely feel each other's pain on the issue.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
additionally metallic tint CAN interfere with radio signal, cell phone signal and GPS devices in a car. it may not be drastic but this interference has been documented.

ceramic tint is expensive but way worth it in my opinion. In Miami, my car definately stayed cooler with ceramic tints
I had nav in my '07 TL Type S (included in Type S cars) and as noted, had ceramic tint. I didn't notice anything different. I guess it has to do with antenna placement, but I'm not sure. Anyone know where the navi antenna is on the CR-Z?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i wouldn't pay more than $80 for high quality stuff, but that's cuz the flea market near me has so many guys doing it that you can get great pricing on great tints.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I had nav in my '07 TL Type S (included in Type S cars) and as noted, had ceramic tint. I didn't notice anything different. I guess it has to do with antenna placement, but I'm not sure. Anyone know where the navi antenna is on the CR-Z?
we may be saying the same thing. Ceramic tint is the kind that doesnt interfere with those things so you should be good no matter where the antenna is. metallic tint supposedly does cause limited interference.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.