Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
I want to buy a crz...but i want to know what did everyone pay for theirs? and how should i go about negotiating the price for the car at the HONDA DEALERSHIP....What im interested in buying is a black ex...but i want to be able to get the best lowest price...

thank you

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Many of us purchased before the shortage/slowing of production hit. You'll be pretty hard pressed to find an under invoice deal currently on a CRZ and for the next few months at that until full production resumes. Regardless, I paid just over 20,000 on my ex pwp

·
Registered
68 Posts
I paid MSRP for my CRZ EX W/Nav... but I did get them to throw in window tinting and leather seats. They wouldn't budge on the price... but they were at least willing to add in stuff I wanted for free to make it worth buying.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Post earthquake prices are higher, and there have been quite a few threads on price. Check out some of the older thread pages in General.

I purchased on March 31st (last of the month, last of the quarter, so good day for deals). Prices were already starting to go up, but I did pretty good but mine is a base model 6mt, not an EX.

Lots of posts about how car buying services have helped with getting good deals. Sounds like USAA has consistently low negotiated prices, if you have access to them.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think anything at or below MSRP is going to be a good deal (let's face it, this car is well-priced as it is), esp now that they've announced a temporary halt in production post-earthquake/tsunami/nuclear disaster.

That being said, we paid $19k (USD) for EX CVT w/o Navi (9/29/2010; end of month & quarter).

·
Banned
614 Posts
I think anything at or below MSRP is going to be a good deal (let's face it, this car is well-priced as it is), esp now that they've announced a temporary halt in production post-earthquake/tsunami/nuclear disaster.

That being said, we paid $19k (USD) for EX CVT w/o Navi (9/29/2010; end of month & quarter).
The dealer told me 21,357 with navi and everything

·
Registered
49 Posts
You all are getting some good deals. We got our Milano Red EX CVT with out NAVI for $24016.00 out the door. Not the best price but I do luv the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I paid 23,250 OTD for my EX CVT w/o nav (with splash guards, cargo tray, wheel locks, and tint). I thought it was a pretty good deal, until I found out what some of the members on here paid...lol
A lot of folks seem to have gotten some incredible deals, IMO.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I paid $27k all in (including TTL) for my EX with CVT and Navi. Dealer had already installed Mud Guards, Door Edge Guards, and the Rear Cargo Mat. I also added window tint and XM Radio. I got them to throw in the tire and wheel warranty and discount the extended bumper to bumper warranty to 100k miles. Given the availability issues, I was just happy to find the car I wanted :)

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
$1200 below MSRP. Check with Sams Club and Costco's buying programs, that's what I did. Deals will be harder to get right now because of the work stoppage in Japan on the CR-Z/ fuel prices/ shortages.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Price of CR-Z

Back in August of last year, I paid cash price of $23,200 with a sticker price on the window of $22,160 for a 2011 CR-Z EX. However, this included dealer installed options of Tailgate Spoiler, Cargo tray, Rear Diffuser spoiler. Splash guards, Wheel Locks, & Front Lip Spoiler. It was the first CR-Z sold by this dealer.

So far, as a young 70 y/o I'm loving this car.

Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
I paid $22,160 for the EX + $100 for wheel locks that were already installed. It was originally $22,299 but their website had it listed (the exact car I ordered, same VIN) for the lesser price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you guys are very helpful.....thank you...now i have somewhat of an idea.....so basically im gonna pay msrp...but get them to throw in a whole bunch of add ons and extras...and increase warranty etc....lol this is gonna be fun...NOT

·
Registered
95 Posts
you guys are very helpful.....thank you...now i have somewhat of an idea.....so basically im gonna pay msrp...but get them to throw in a whole bunch of add ons and extras...and increase warranty etc....lol this is gonna be fun...NOT
Well work on the price first and see what they say ,and make sure you stop by more than 1 dealership to insure you're getting a good deal.

I paid $19,000 for my ex 6mt without navi but did pay for destination fee

·
Registered
5 Posts
just purchased a white EX CVT w/ navi last night. Ended up paying about $24,890(including all fees and taxes). they didn't have any white EX left so they had to locate one, it had about $1200 worth of accessories but we were able to get it for $195 not bad right? i ended up purchasing paint coating and lojack though.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
21,500 OTD (including taxes, fees, etc.). EX CVT.

it took me 3 weeks to get that price. i even had to leave the dealership after signing the papers as they told me they wouldn't honor the deal since they forgot the car had illuminated door sills. they found me one the next day without the sills and i made them knock off another $100. play the waiting game. find a car, negotiate, and don't accept any deal no matter how bad you want it. within a day or two they will lower their price, and keep on doing so until you buy. my sticker was close to 24,000, so 21,500 OTD was a good deal IMO. of course, i got jacked up on my trade, -1,000 in equity, which effectively increased my price by 1,000, buuuuuuuut that's a different story. even though i owed on the trade, they got a clunker in disguise, and i was able to reduce my taxes because of the trade. i put $0 down by the way.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
$56,000 (including tax, more tax, fees and options) GT 6MT

In comparison the tax alone on a US Accord 3,5 V6 would come in at $125,000 + the cost of the car. It's nice to live in Soviet Ru... ehr Norway, sry.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
$56,000 what? how could the accord cost so much?! what the hell [email protected]?!!?
The tax system is based on CO2 emissions, power and weight. The CR-Z gets off "easy" since it is a Hybrid and has a small engine. The silly thing is that only 26% of the taxes from car owners goes directly back to them. Supid system, huh?

1 - 20 of 330 Posts