Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always received 3 keys for my cars in the past (with one being a valet key), but was only given 2 for my CR-Z. It sort of makes sense as there is no trunk to protect, but I received a valet key for my CR-V, and it doesn't have a trunk.

So, my question for the US buyers out there: How many keys did you receive with your new CR-Z?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Two keys here. IIRC the glove-box doesn't lock either so no point for a valet key. I think you can get a key without the buttons on it for a lot less than a full key with the remote from a dealer. At least you could on my old Accord which had the same type of key with just an extra button to open the trunk.

What I'd like is for Honda to start offering the flip keys here. They already make them for the Acuras why not just send a few to the dealers and charge a hundred bucks for them? Sounds like EZ money to me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
l only have 2 keys, l have a question for any one that already has a CR-Z, do you have the Navi disk? l called Honda and l was told that it should be in the glove compartment or underneath the passenger seat l looked everywher and l can't find it. :blink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have an empty CD holder for the navi disc.

I have two keys. I've never had a vehicle with a valet key. Husband's Toyt Solara had a valet key. The Sequoia does not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah, I asked about this as well when I picked mine up. The cars only come with 2 keys, apparently. I always liked the Valet key, honestly, not because I ever valet my car, but because I would keep that one in the house with the other spares in the event that I lost a key or something, I would always have a backup.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Actually my 07 accord ex had a valet key, left car unlocked , some jackass found valet key in console. Stole and vandelized. Sooo for 5 months i rolled a 04 solar yellow celica gt. Back in a Honda. I love my car but i am glad about the no valet key thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
2 keys, wish the lid that covers the cubby holes would lock, but then again i dont valet either
Thats what I said to the dealer when I bought mine that the cubby hole should have some kind of locking mechanism.

2 keys and navi dvd in the unit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Two. They cost me 24 K and change and the CR Z was free!

Less than 24 hours and the auto engine turn off is already annoying, but the MPG number is nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.