Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how long did your pads last since my brake pads seems to last forever.
I drive 6MT. 3 years, 111000km (69000 miles). still seems to have about 1/2 left of the original pads that came with my car. Seems to last a lot longer than my previous cars. any thoughts? am I just not braking enough? :grin:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
My understanding is we can quite a lot of miles out of them due to the regenerative braking... I swapped mine out at just over 50k and my mechanic swore I could do another 50k :p

·
Red&Black
5,986 Posts
Thanks to the engine braking, I sometimes can get away with not braking at all when coming up to a turn. Or if there's a stop sign/red light, I don't have to step on the brake pedal until I am at 5 mph or slower. Its awesome! My brake pads will last foreverrrr. I bought ITEM9s old oem rotors and pads, looking forward to not needing them for a while

Just hit 30k miles earlier this week.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Its funny I was just going to ask about pad life expectancy. Since they are seated in the caliper for so long, would it be a good idea to remove them and spray everything out with brake cleaner every few oil changes?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just wondering how long did your pads last since my brake pads seems to last forever.
I drive 6MT. 3 years, 111000km (69000 miles). still seems to have about 1/2 left of the original pads that came with my car. Seems to last a lot longer than my previous cars. any thoughts? am I just not braking enough? :grin:
Running all those red lights certainly save on brake pads. lol

Kidding aside I would expect the 6MT to do better on the pads than the CVT, but 111,000km WOW.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its funny I was just going to ask about pad life expectancy. Since they are seated in the caliper for so long, would it be a good idea to remove them and spray everything out with brake cleaner every few oil changes?
I also find it helps a lot if you lube the brakes every year or so, so your pads dont seize and last longer.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sounds like mine too. Got the Car in Dec 2011 and my last oil change in Dec 2013, they said my brakes are like 90% left and I have around 21,000km. I even asked the dealer if that was correct as it didn't look right to me as my other cars brake pads normally last only about 60,000km. Well he confirmed it so off I went....

At this rate, If I don't abuse the brakes, they should last till 150,000km !! Yippee !! Cheap on gas and also on brakes!!

Now I am wondering how long the clutch will last?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sounds like mine too. Got the Car in Dec 2011 and my last oil change in Dec 2013, they said my brakes are like 90% left and I have around 21,000km. I even asked the dealer if that was correct as it didn't look right to me as my other cars brake pads normally last only about 60,000km. Well he confirmed it so off I went....

At this rate, If I don't abuse the brakes, they should last till 150,000km !! Yippee !! Cheap on gas and also on brakes!!

Now I am wondering how long the clutch will last?
depends how you drive lol but just incase hks do an awesoem replacement haha this will be me replacement clutch, its just a waiting game.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Pads are going strong at ~50k miles, but the rear disks are badly rusted (needed a good going over with a disc sander before the MOT (year 3), and will probably be replaced for next year. Cause is not enough residual heat in the disc when parking to keep the damp away in the UK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts