Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how hard it is to take off the grill? Do you have to remove the bumper?

Does it just pop off?

My idiot dealer drilled into my grill with the front license plate (don't need one in my state...they put an advertisement there)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
They had to take the front off on my car to install the sports grille. Even installed my HID kit for the fogs for free since they had to take the bumper off. Sucks that they drilled it though. I asked them spesifically not to even before they received the car. I would demand they replace it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's not part of the bumper. I know that.

They already looked up the part. I told them I wanted to think about it...it's a small screw hole...not sure if I want the car tinkered with. No one there has worked on any of these cars yet.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
If it's anything like the CL9, it would be mounted to the bumper with bitch clips from the inside at the bottom and then more clips on the top and though the radiator plate. I've not actually had a look though. I will see if I can get a hold of the guy who did the work on mine when I go to pick up the car later today. Did I mention I'm picking up the car today! :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
The dealer put a plastic license plate holder on the front of my CR-Z too. I want to remove it too. Has anyone successfully removed it? I don't think they needed to drill holes to put it on. At least, so far I don't see any.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got mine off. The frame itself had three mounting hole locations. Two on the bottom and one dead center.

Fortunately the dealer only used the two bottom ones.

A few scratches under the frame though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got mine off. The frame itself had three mounting hole locations. Two on the bottom and one dead center.

Fortunately the dealer only used the two bottom ones.

A few scratches under the frame though.
I was a little bummed to see all the cars at my dealer had a plate on the front, I removed it as soon as I got home, and also found that the mount bolted on from the bottom with 2 screws, and a place for one near the top which wasn't installed. I was glad to take it off, and not have holes. Looks much better without it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Don't know where I've seen them, but you can get caps, specifically for this purpose. They even come pre painted.

Try googling bumper hole fill caps or something similar.

The guys that de-winged their STi used them. The wing was held on by 17(!) bolts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.