Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum but a quick question to all. What is the greatest distance anyone has taken thier z? Planning a trip from western new york to Colorado and wanted to know what anyones impressions were as to thier trips! Things that could have been done better in the car for comfort, things they realized they should have done before they embarked on their journey and so on........

· Registered
621 Posts
In January I drove from Philadelphia to Los Angeles. The one recommendation is to use use blue paint tape from 3M to protect the bumper and hood from chips. That was the one thing that I regretted not doing. Also protect your fog lamps if you have them.

From the road

· Registered
17 Posts
We just returned from a 3400 mile road trip (Houston to Philadelphia round trip). I was a little concerned about going that far in a small car but it turned out to be a great trip. Seats were very comfortable. We hooked up our iPad to the USB input and listened to books and podcasts. We averaged 42.5 MPG which was an unexpected bonus. Car was in Eco mode most of the time. Only problem we had was a broken foglight. I am currently trying to get the dealer to cover the repair cost. We packed 3 suitcases which fit under the cargo cover. We kept the back "seat" in the up position and stored a cooler and other things there. For navigation I brought my garmin nuvi . We found that if we opened the storage compartment on top of the dash we could set it in there and close the lid partially to hold it in place. When we stopped somewhere all we had to do was disconnect the wire , lay it flat and close the door to hide it.

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Yikes, I did CT - DC and I thought that was far!

I'd say be sure to clean out the dash storage bin, it can be used with the AC to keep beverages cool. USB was great using the SiriusXM radio app on my buddies iPhone.

· Registered
375 Posts
80 miles is the farthest trip my car seen so far...mostly 30-50 miles trips. Haven't got an opportunity to go the distance some of you are experiencing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.