Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am about to buy one but am a bit concerned because I live in Hampton, Peterborough where there are a lot of speed bumps. I would not say they are the highest ones I have seen about medium in height but there are stax of them.

Will this be a problem for me with scraping the underside of the vehicle?

Regards,
________
Lientte1 cam

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The first dealer I check the CR-Z out in runs cars through an industrial park. Has truck sized speed bumps at various points (probably to fight street racing). CR-Z handled them as well as any modern economy car. Just slow down.

Odd note: This is the industrial park with the beer warehouse involved in a shooting/suicide a couple weeks back :mellow:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have encountered some speed bumps on some of the streets in the area. If you slow down, you will have no problem. Just remember that there is not a lot of clearance on the bottom of the car, so you don't want to bottom out the Z on the top of one of the bumps. I have to do the same thing with my Civic.

sparrow

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm kinda worried about the "bus friendly" speed bumps we have over here, where basically the wheels don't hit the bump almost. They are a pain in my lowered CL9 at least. Don't know if you have those overseas. Basically just a big concrete block in the center of each lane. I usually just drive between them and piss ppl off by holding up traffic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm kinda worried about the "bus friendly" speed bumps we have over here, where basically the wheels don't hit the bump almost. They are a pain in my lowered CL9 at least. Don't know if you have those overseas. Basically just a big concrete block in the center of each lane. I usually just drive between them and piss ppl off by holding up traffic.
hehe yeah I know what bumps you are talking about - we have those all over the place. I decided to be extra sure and told the dealer to take me for a test drive around my neighbourhood. He was more than happy to do so and he gave some very specific advice. This applies to the unmodified sport though I am afraid.

Basically if you drive at a constant speed over the bumps you won't have issues - as soon as you start breaking that is when you have problems because the breaking brings the front of the car right down and then you will scrape. So drive slowly at a constant speed but if you are surprised by a speed hump that you didn't expect and you are going fast just go straight over it if you don't want to scape it but don't break suddenly.

He demonstrated and actually caused few eye brows to lift in my village :thumbsup:
________
Minibaby4u cam

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, speed bumps... Where I live right now, they don't mean anything. People just go flying right over them at like 30 mph. But, at the base in San Angelo, they are huge and people go slow. They are so big, my CRZ can be entirely on the speed bump! I will take a picture next time I think of it lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.