Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,821 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for. People on this forum have done everything from forced induction to KSwaps and all kinds of suspension changes. But a CR-Z is not what most would call a sports car. Sporty ,Fun yes high HP Sports car no. But that is my opinion.

Have you tried searching?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi, just purchased a CR-Z today, can anyone give me suggestions on how I can improve it's performance? Stephen View attachment 59711
Sure! ...Looks like you're from the UK (I'm from USA) and I think there are a couple of people over there that have their Sprintex supercharger for sale, if you want more engine performance. For suspension upgrades, I'd start with upgraded performance tires and/or Spoon Front Sway Bar and Mugen suspension (or equivalent.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses, do you know if they can be remapped? None of the companies I've tried have the model on their drop down menus.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Thanks for your responses, do you know if they can be remapped? None of the companies I've tried have the model on their drop down menus.
Yes! Go with hondata for the 2010-2012 model years, and KTuner for 2013+ model years. Looks like you have the 2012 (ish,) so go with hondata, and if you are close, check out TDI for tuning.

TDI (Torque Developments International)
https://www.tdi-plc.com/ Tel: 0800 107 3260

Martin had his tuned at TDI, but doesn't have his CR-Z anymore. You'll find some notes on his build thread that may prove interesting for starters:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Treasure your jewel like the work of art if is. Oil changes, tires always aired up and generous room all around in the parking lots. IMO.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi GD60. Do I know you from the GT4 owners club?
I think you have to blow these cars to get high hp. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts