Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will i be able to drive my crz in the HOV lane by myself like i see people in insights and priuses? I have to deal with traffic and sometimes the HOV lane is alittle quicker, anyone have a clue?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It depends upon where you live. In California for example, only a specific number of hybrid decals were issued, and there are no more to be had. Not all states have HOV lanes, and those that do, have regulations for their state only.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Two sites that may help:

https://www.nysdot.gov/programs/clean-pass - Official New York Site - not seeing the Honda CR-Z on the list

Carpool (HOV) Lanes | Hybrid Cars

Hybrid Cars said:
New York
On March 1, 2006, the Long Island Expressway's HOV lanes' occupancy requirement will be waived for qualifying passenger vehicles meeting strict emissions standards, and having a highway fuel economy average of at least 45 miles per gallon. Registered owners of eligible vehicles can apply to the Department of Motor Vehicles to participate in the Clean Pass initiative. Applications will be taken over the phone, by calling the State Department of Motor Vehicles toll free (518) 486-9786, Option 7. Upon application approval, DMV will mail stickers with instructions to registered vehicle owners.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats fine, i didnt really want the stickers to mess up my all black theme, as soon as i get the Z im heading right home and de badging the bitch, and then to get the rims black powder coated. so the stickers would stand out to much, but if i was able to then i would have to try and get away with keeping the stickers in the glove box so when a cop pulls me over for being in the HOV lane with no passenger or stickers i could show him them but that doesnt seem to be the possible case. ROCK ON!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.