344K views 2K replies 148 participants last post by  HondaHolly 
#1 · (Edited)
LIST OF ALL MODS

-> red pinstriping on grill

-> T1R side mirrors

-> Clazzio Black Vinyl w/ Red Leather Perforated Center Seat Covers

-> JDP Engineering carbon fiber spoiler

-> JDP Engineering carbon fiber front lip spoiler

-> 3M Scotchguard Paint Protection film: 2/3 of hood covered, and door handles/cups

-> Amber Lamin-x on fog lights

-> 20% metallic tint in all rear windows

-> 70% 3M Crystalline tint on driver/passenger windows

-> "If you sit here, you will die" sticker for 'back seats'

-> Heatshield winshield custom fit sun visor (from Amazon)

-> Red carbon fiber steering wheel emblem inserts

-> Team Heko window visors

-> SunTek Paint Protection Film for the headlights

-> Diffuser reflectors (gift from ArtJDM)

-> Password JDM Red and black washers for engine bay

-> Basis red radiator stays

-> PWJDM red rear tow hook

-> Red LED interior lights

-> Password JDM red battery tie down

-> LED fog light bulbs

-> Eibach Pro Kit Springs

-> Black Label Fabrication short ram intake

-> NRG Hood Dampers, carbon fiber

-> HKS Radiator Shroud, carbon fiber

-> BLF catback exhaust

-> T1R test pipe

-> 2006 Acura RSX Type S front brakes (the whole caliper)

-> Hawk HPS brake pads all around

-> HPS Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red) (yet to be installed)

-> Spoon front sway bar with end links

Advan SA3R
Gen 2, Ver 1
-> staggered, with larger in rear
-> 17x8 +35 and 17x9 +38
-> Sumitomo HTR II summer tires
-> Tire sizes 215/40/17 and 235/40/17
-> gloss black paint w/ red accents of course!

AP1 S2000 WHEELS

-> 70.1-64.1 plastic hubcentric ring adapters from HubCentric-Rings

-> painted Crystal Black Pearl

-> painted center caps CBP with red Honda "H"

-> bought extra OEM TPMS

-> 3mm hubcentric spacers

-> all season tires 205/55/16

OEM Wheels

-> used for winter

-> 205/55/16 Bridgestone Blizzak WS80

-> black steel lugnuts

-> Red "H" center caps

-> red plastidip + glossifier

WANTED FUTURE MODS

-> J'S RACING OIL FILLER CAP - RED

-> Samco Silicone Ancillary Hose Kit

-> Mugen carbon fiber rear view mirror cover [http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-4021-mugen-carbon-fiber-mirror-cover.aspx]

-> slightly better than OEM 12V battery [Auto Zone Part Number 151R-DLG]

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yo! I first was a lurker on this forum for 6 months. I didn't think I would be able to get a Z until after I graduated college and got a real job. But I made a lot of money from my paid internships in 2012, so I was able to buy my used 2011 CR-Z EX in Dec 2012 a couple weeks before Christmas.

Most of my plans for this car are cosmetic, as I'm not very handy with mechanical stuff.

I have a bunch of stuff sitting in my room, waiting to be done. It's too cold and wintery to do any of it. Though I did buy and install Clazzios, red perf leather center and red stitching, on a 40 deg F day:

My two favorite colors are red and black, so most of my mods will have a red theme ;)

Such as:

-red pinstriping on the grill, like Lady_CRZ did at one point

-red i-VTEC SOHC decals

-red plastidipped OEM wheels

-red plastidipped H badges

Mods that I have had done despite the weather:

-T1R side mirrors

-tinted windows

EDIT: Removed driver/passenger tints due to receiving a ticket. Ticket was dismissed afterwards.

-3M Scotchguard PPF on hood, 2 feet of it

-3M Scotchguard PPF on door handles, and in cups

-clear Lamin-X on foglights

-OEM rubber floor mats

A couple of other plans:

I bought a lightly used JDP carbon fiber spoiler from hrdprkdclos. My dad works at a company that works with adhesives. He got me a roll of the best 3M double sided tape there is, EX v011 or something like that. I'm just waiting on it to warm up before I put on the spoiler.

I do a lot of online surveys, and get money for them. Most of the time I transfer the money to my amazon account or paypal. I am waiting on buying the VTEC decals from a seller on eBay until I have some survey money in my paypal account. I am also waiting until I have enough money in my amazon account to purchase the K&N drop in air filter and the cleaner for it. Total will be $49.97, totally free to me ;) That will probably be one of the few mods for me that has to do with whats under the hood

At some point I may consider having a shop put red pleather on my doors, to cover up that awful gray stuff which is hard to clean.

See less See more
#2 ·
A post on some minor damage that happened about a month ago:
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/factory-specifications/13618-not-supposed-happen.html

My fender liner tore around a point where it was screwed to the bumper. The bumper was bowed out. Took it to my dealer's body shop, and they used a heat gun to reshape the bumper, and then screwed it back in, in a new spot on the fender. They didn't charge me, really nice guys there :)

Before:

After:

The reshaping wasn't a perfect fix, but its good enough for me. Especially considering it was free! :woot:

#3 ·
A post on some minor damage I noticed this morning:

Recent rain cleaned salt and snow off my car. I noticed a blemish on my bumper, near the grill. Looked closer, and there is an incision into the plastic. Like something just cut through, like a knife. I am not sure when or where this happened. Really strange, because that point of the bumper does not stick out the most. Here are some crappy images:

That last one is my beautiful ms paint rendering of what happened. Its basically like if you got a diagonal paper cut on your hand, and there's a chunk of skin flapping around. At some point I will try pushing it back down and using a hair dryer to get it to stay :dunno: It sucks, but its pretty small, like a centimeter in length. And it's only plastic, at least it wont rust...

#7 ·
I'd highly advise getting that spoiler clear coated.

I have a Seibon MG Style carbon fiber hood. I had to wax a fresh coat of oxidation off every time I cleaned it after a while before a shop in town let me clear coat it this past fall. Oxidation is slowly eating away at the the finish on carbon fiber accessories and will eventually eat away down to the raw material (over a LONG period of time, but still); not to mention oxidation is unsightly. Getting them clear coated is a way to put a protective coating around it and prevent it all together. It is a small part and needs VERY LITTLE prep; it should not be costly to have done and will protect your investment. This will also be MUCH easier to do if you have it done before you have the part put on.

PM'd

#9 ·
Thanks for the tip, Goose!

And the police don't seem to mind :dunno: I drive at the speed limit, they never seem to notice me. One was even behind me and switched lanes to zoom past me. If it ever becomes a problem, I'll change or remove the side windows, but leave the hatch (its legal anyway) and the tiny side windows dark. I like the privacy. Problem is the only brand of tint that does 70% is 3M! Super expensive, yo

#11 ·
Hey holly how much more awesomer are the T1R side mirror’s compared to our stock ones....are they more convex so you can see better angles or do people just like ‘em cus of the blue tint. They're on my list of to doo's but gimme some feedback if you will please and thank youu

#12 ·
Much more awesomer. Took a day to get used to, cause of the convex. But definitely worth it. I have them set the same way as I did the stock: angled as far out as possible. BUT, with these T1R's I can see like 3 lanes over and STILL see the side of my car! I like to be able to see the side of my car so I have some perspective as to what lane I am looking at.

Totally worth it, I never look over my shoulder. If I want to switch lanes, I check my T1R's first. If theres a car there, then I check my rear view mirror. If you can see the same car in both mirrors, you're golden, switch lanes. If you CAN'T see it in the rear view mirror, then assume that that car is next to you or is about to be. The T1R's make car's look tinier compared to the stock mirrors, so objects in mirror are DEFINITELY closer than they appear. But again, this only took me a day to get used to.

Overall, I highly recommend it if you want that pesky blind spot gone.

#13 ·
haha thanks dude, im gonna get some now....i know im so sick of the stock flat mirror i alway have to break my neck to look through our tiny port hole side window to make sure there isnt a car there while im on the highway! Thanks again :thumbup:

#14 ·
Awesome build loving the black n red u got going lady cant wait to see the red door inserts I plan to do mine purple ^-^ but hey when are u gonna install that cat :0 lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#15 ·
Purple inserts, awesome!!! The interior inserts would be something I'll look into maybe in the summer, when I'm making a lot of money again from an internship. I'm interning now, but it ends in a few weeks (ew, back to classes and homework!).

I'm going to install the cat on the hood, like Jaguar's and their tiny jaguar statue lol

#18 ·
Just redeemed a second amazon $25 giftcard from doing online surveys, and ordered the k&N air intake and also a cleaning pack for it. I only paid $2.52 out of pocket :eek:hyeah:

Also, I've decided I want to put stickers on my windows! The Zumiez and Hot Topic at the mall near me don't have any that I like, so I made a wishlist on amazon full of stickers. The next time I get another $25 giftcard, I will buy some! The adventure time ones are a must have for me...

Amazon.com

#33 ·
oooo i like the made in japan stickers haha

#32 ·
Hmm, the place I got them from (gotuning.com) doesn't have them anymore. Here are a few other vendors:

Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: T1R Blue Wide Mirror - Honda CRZ 11+ (ZF1)

A&J Racing :: Exterior :: Mirrors :: T1R Blue Wide Mirror - Honda CRZ 11+ (ZF1)

Type One Racing :: Accessories :: T1R Blue Wide Mirror - Honda CRZ 11+ (ZF1)

The cheapest would be the first one, Evasive Motor Sports, at $71. That's about what I paid. Soooo worth it. Takes five minutes to swap them in. They're located in California so it will probably take a week for them to ship to you (in Florida). That's about how long it takes stuff from Cali to get to me in New York.

#34 ·
I noticed that the red part of my clazzios is turning a faint blue/black from my jeans and stuff. I've been trying to get in and out of my seat without sliding around too much. But I bought this for $8 to see if it will help. This is what was suggested on the clazzio website (Clazzio Leather Seat Covers - International Aero Leather Care Products).

I couldn't find the exact products clazzio mentioned, but this seems to be 2-in-1. Will give it a shot sometime this week, first with a test in an inconspicuous place.

#35 ·
Got this in the mail today!

Will put in this weekend :) Came with a sticker!!
Also bought Item9's used brake pads, all of them. Mine have been squealing for several weeks. Haven't actually checked them yet, but I'll need brakes at some point anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.