Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,814 Posts
Highly likely that your cruise, stability and traction control systems are down currently as well due to the inop brake lights. Lots of things tie into the braking system. Must be careful not to overload that fuse, and use relays when/where recommended when adding accessories. Especially high draw things like horns.

· Registered
2,814 Posts
.... I love it but I hate all the problems that come with all these mods.....
Stay with it, Holly. It's all an education.
What @Defiant said and, if you jettison the power boosting stuff, all you're left with is a ricer. Though swapping the cat back in and leaving it might be worth it, assuming your inspections are every year.
*edit* Ricer may be a little harsh, but it would be a lot of show and not much go. And little in the way of self gratification.

· Registered
2,814 Posts
IÂ’ve been to a few grocery store and drug stores over the last few days and could not find any talcum powder. Seems all they use on babies nowadays is cornstarch. I ordered some talcum powder on amazon last night for $7, will arrive in a few days.
Yeah, something about talc being yet another thing that they found to cause cancer, especially in females. Fun fact for future reference, quite a few manufacturers of foot and body powder(like the Gold Bond that @litz mentioned) still use it.

· Registered
2,814 Posts
You have quite the project on your hands, correcting the hack jobs of previous ownership. Normally I'd give the benefit of function over form but you're apparently not even(or just barely) getting that. Hopefully they at least had the best of intentions when they started that mess. Good luck, it can be fixed!

· Registered
2,814 Posts

· Registered
2,814 Posts
It doesn’t usually snow this early but anything is possible when you live near the Great Lakes
**South of the Great Lakes

Us in the GTA haven't seen any form of winter precipitation...... Nor do I think any is expected for a while.
South east of the Great Lakes. I'll be in winter denial until December 21 or we get some legit accumulation, whichever happens last.

· Registered
2,814 Posts
Might be your ignition switch, like shown in this video. Not the ignition cylinder (lock) itself, but the plastic switch that is behind it. Like shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9EF0eOrVs

Might wanna give that a test and see what happens.

Here is what the switch looks like (#9 on this page):

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.co...-exhaust-heater-fuel--key-cylinder-components

I have replaced these in honda's before. They do go..
My wife's old Accord went through 3 of these.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!:grin2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts