Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Looking good Holly! I was wondering if you tried using that Meguair's Quick Wax that you had problems with a while back (again.) I had the same problem (before I got my CRZ,) and I swore I'd never get that crap again, and wondered why anybody would use it. ...Well, I bought a new bottle of it a month ago, and it worked great! Now, I highly recommend it:blink: Really, I must have gotten a bottle from a bad batch the other time, and perhaps you just got a bad bottle too, eh?

Oh well, whatever you used today, makes it look great.:wavey:

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Ugh/QUOTE]

Don't like the looks of that.:ionono: You only have around 60,000 mile on your 'Z, don't you? Have you tried anything like disconnecting the 12v battery, and then reconnecting and checking that the ground wires are firmly secured?

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Spray painted some 45 and 90 degree valvestems black for my Advan wheels. Looking forward to not having to refill on air every two days.

Nice! Will 90° and 45° (both) clear the calipers, or are you going to try them both to see which one is the best fit?

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Last year, I ran over a huge rock that wrecked my transmission. While the car was stuck on a lift for repairs, I had the shop install the FSB and some coilovers (hit a rock, go moar low...yeah, I'm a moron!). That rock just gave me really good excuse to go to a shop I guess
Yeah, I read your exploits...well, tragedies on your build thread. You might want to raise it up about two feet for the trip to the Dragon, just to be safe.

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Looks great with my clazzios, although the wrap is a shade darker. In the sunlight it looks brighter. It's Oracal matte dark red metallic, so it has a shiny flake to it. ...
Moar red! Looks great Holly. Now how about that trim piece around the PRND shifter base? Gotta do it...gotta.:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I put the BLF exhaust (from CinCrz) on this past weekend. There is 1 rattle (which other members have experienced) but other than that I love it! Will have to upload pics soon. And upload my video clip of it to YouTube.
CinCrz put some beefy hangers on his, and I think that solved the rattle for him. I'll try to look up the link he gave me if you want to give them a try.

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
^^Looks like you've done just about everything to get rid of the rattle(s)--But, don't bother with that fabric material under the hood. I've worked with it, and it's not going to let anything stick to it, plus, shaping it to form is a nightmare. I did put that heat reflective tape on the underside of my heat shields, and that may help ya (if the shield is the rattle, the tape will muffle it for sure.)

Here's a pic of the two heat shields I taped-up on mine:

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Sounds good Holly, but I see now that it's probably not one of those bolt-on heat shields being the culprit of the buzzing. Uhg! My Mugen has a little bend down as it turns around that bend after the cat, right where yours doesn't do that. Those hangers might bend down enough with the aid of a pipe as a persuader, or a couple of those yellow hanger-bushings may just do the trick.

It's hard to be cool in a cool car when you've got a rattle.:puke: Good luck on getting rid of it.:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Sweet! Rattles drive me bonkers, too.:hyper::cursing::wallbash::cry: It even drives me bonkers when someone else has rattles that I can't even hear--such as yours.:wavey:

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I wouldn't call it noise, more like a roar!
Yeah, totally stock sound is for a librarian, decat's for a LION. HollionHonda

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Also: Chicken.

Got any bacon to go with those eggs? We haven't had much, if any, of that sloppy weather yet. Perhaps tomorrow, eh? We're overdue.

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
It begins tonight :scared: All over the highway are signs reading "white out conditions" "avoid travel 11pm-10pm".

So I can skip work tomorrow? :giggle:
Yeah, we got our first real hit of snow today--I-70 had many wrecks and disabled cars along the road--wind's picking up tonight and temps dropping. Only good thing is the CRZ is sitting nice and comfy in the garage and the Insight has some fresh winter tread to do all the dirty work.

Yes, you can skip work tomorrow--don't want a scared driver out there!:rotfl:

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Today I installed a very used JDP carbon fiber lip that I bought from CinCRZ. I did it by myself :eek:...

I'm considering buying some black band aid decals lol
Naw! You'll need a RED band-aid:wink2:

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
...I also unplugged my yaw sensor. Was incredibly easy. Took 30 seconds to locate it by eye, then 30 seconds figure out how to unplug it just by feel. I'm going to see if I like the handling during daily driving enough to leave it off for the track day. The reason I'm doing this is because sometimes on fun curvy highway on/off ramps it takes over before my tires have a chance to start squealing and it throws me off and one time sent me swerving a foot or two unexpectedly. ...
I have a couple dumb questions....What did it do unexpectedly? Swing the tail out? I was going around a slow corner fast--on throttle--and had a sensation that the rear end came around faster than I thought it would--as if something made it switch from typical understeer to a bit of oversteer, almost as if it had 4-wheel steering. It was no real problem, but I keep traction control ON nearly all the time, just to get the feeling of what it's doing and what to expect.

And, why don't you just turn the traction control off instead of pulling one specific sensor? What will that affect? Specifically, what effect are you trying to avoid or induce?

Nice brakes you've got set up for the Dragon. I'm going to wait until it's time to replace the OEM parts before I think about upgrading. Were your pads worn out already?

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Since driving home after the HPDE track day, I have had a small exhaust buzz. A few days after I had a shop check it out and nothing was loose. Fast forward almost a month now and it's a full blown rattle. Sounds like the heat shield that was loose on my old '98 civic.

I am having 2 new tires installed this afternoon and will ask to have my exhaust looked over again. It always buzzes at 2000-2200 rpm, not that that means anything specific. They originally thought it might be the aftermarket baffle welds coming loose in the BLF catback, but I have always heard it up near the drivers seat (T1R test pipe area).
Hey Holly, does it buzz only under engine load, or can you make it do it in PARK, and just revving to 2000-2200 rpm?

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I want to find that out today on my next break at work.

It'll do it going up or down the RPMs while driving
If it's still doing it when you arrive at the famous North pre-meet, we'll take care of that little nuisance before heading down to the Dragon.:wink2:

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
You are becoming "Steve" .Wasn't he the member with the signature about being addicted to carbon fiber and is now selling it all?
Naw, It's Holly CF Honda!:wink2:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts