Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Honda Tuning Mag does CR-Z Project

The War Rages On ...
Ever since the official announcement of the new Hybrid CR-Z in Honda's modern-day lineup, enthusiasts far and wide have taken sides in what's quickly escalated into a full-blown war. The lines have been drawn, and you're either in favor of Honda's push to find new ways of increasing mileage in an eco-friendly manner, or you're dead set against any thoughts of introducing a new model without the beloved K-series powerplant. Furthermore, you're outraged by the mere thought of Honda using "sporty" and "hybrid" in the same sentence. One thing is for certain at this point, there are no thoughts of unveiling a K-powered CR-Z model (no matter how much you complain) to the masses. With all of that out of the way, as the title hints, I've been given the privilege (as well as a set of keys) to research and modify a six-speed CR-Z EX for 2011. Similar to the Project Fit of 2009 and the TSX V-6 of 2010, I'll be digging into some of the available aftermarket parts, as well as introducing some new ones throughout 2011.
Don't think this has been posted here...

Honda CR-Z EX - Project CR-Z- Honda Tuning Magazine

Think this is the same car Evasive was running... collaborative effort and all...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Only thing I disagree with on is the fact he says you must change the Wheels and tires first. The wheels are competent to stay for a long time, maybe a repaint, but without deep pockets one can't find a lighter set of wheels to go with new tires. Now I wish I had the money for some new tires...

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only thing I disagree with on is the fact he says you must change the Wheels and tires first. The wheels are competent to stay for a long time, maybe a repaint, but without deep pockets one can't find a lighter set of wheels to go with new tires. Now I wish I had the money for some new tires...
I agree.. the 16" OEM wheels are fine (although I prefer 17s).. but the stock tires can easily be improved on.

·
Registered
16 Posts

The factory wheel and tire combo is dreadful on a road course. Changing them for something wider and stickier is a must IMO

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The factory wheel and tire combo is dreadful on a road course. Changing them for something wider and stickier is a must IMO
Might could live with the wheels if you had too.... but the tires are a MUST change! Road course, or DD... better tires are a lot more fun, and much safer if you drive fast!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.