Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

All-New 2011 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe to Start at $19,200

The all-new 2011 Honda CR-Z sport hybrid coupe is set to debut at dealers on August 24, 2010, with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $19,200, plus a destination and handling charge(1) of $750, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.

Developed as a stylish, driver-focused vehicle with an emphasis on efficient performance, the all-new 2011 Honda CR-Z introduces a sleek two-passenger coupe design with quick, sporty handling to the gasoline-electric hybrid segment. A 1.5-liter i‑VTEC 4-cylinder engine works with Honda's unique, compact and lightweight Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system to supply both power and efficiency to the CR-Z. A sport-focused, six-speed manual transmission is a first for any mass-produced hybrid. An automatic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) is available and includes steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for manual-like gear-ratio control.

A new, exclusive 3-mode drive system allows the driver to configure the vehicle's responsiveness for Sport, Normal or Econ (Economy) driving modes. Driver efficiency tools include Eco Assist™ and Eco Scoring, which together can help drivers find improvements to efficient driving styles, while also comparing economy achievements to previous trips as well as the life of the vehicle.

The CR-Z is available in two equipment grades – the well-equipped CR-Z (base) and the feature-rich CR-Z EX. Standard features on the CR-Z include an AM/FM/CD/USB audio system with six speakers, automatic climate control, power windows and door locks, remote entry, cruise control, and more.

The CR-Z EX adds a 360-watt AM/FM/CD high-power audio system with seven speakers – including a subwoofer – Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, leather-wrapped steering wheel and more. The CR-Z EX is available with the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition(2).

The CR-Z demonstrates the Honda commitment to safety in the vehicle's design and construction. The Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure is designed to help protect vehicle occupants in a frontal collision. Additional safety technologies include Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®); standard dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags; standard front-side airbags with passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS); side-curtain airbags; active head restraints; an anti-lock braking system; a tire pressure monitoring system; and a pedestrian injury mitigation design in the front of the vehicle.

1 MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $750.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.

2 The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ is available on the CR-Z EX model in the United States, except Alaska. Please see the navigation system manual for details.

3 Based on 2011 EPA mileage estimates, reflecting new EPA fuel economy methods beginning with 2008 models. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle

Article Found At: http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1097/releases/5495

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honda Announces CR-Z Prices per Autoweek

According to this article, Honda officially announced prices for the 2011 CR-Z today:

2011 Honda CR-Z starts at less than $20,000

Base w/manual: $19,950
Base w/CVT: $20,600
EX w/nav & CVT: $23,960

Prices include $750 destination charge.

The article did not include a price for the EX models w/o nav or CVT, but I'm sure they line up somewhere between $20,600 and $23,960.

These prices sound reasonable.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Awesome find :hi5:

Did anyone else notice the price differnce on the cvt vs 6mt??

In case you missed it on the base they add $650 and on the EX+ trims it's $1,350 more... For anyone counting that's more than double to have the cvt on the EX+ trim... My guess as to why Honda did this was to keep both base CR-Z models under $20k... And since the higher trims have been selling better than the lower trims, they would be able to pocket a bit more off of them...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Awesome find :hi5:

Did anyone else notice the price differnce on the cvt vs 6mt??

In case you missed it on the base they add $650 and on the EX+ trims it's $1,350 more... For anyone counting that's more than double to have the cvt on the EX+ trim... My guess as to why Honda did this was to keep both base CR-Z models under $20k... And since the higher trims have been selling better than the lower trims, they would be able to pocket a bit more off of them...
Check your math! The difference is $650 on all models. Since the difference in price on Honda fits is $850 to go from a 5 speed to the CVT. From that we can conclude that Honda prices the 6 speed as a $200 upgrade over the 5 speed on the fit.

The other upgrades on the CRZ compared to a fit sport include the automatic A/C instead of manual, rear disk brakes instead of drums, VSA and of course the hybrid drivetrain. The total price difference is $2840 between a fit sport and a base CRZ. I figure about $2000 is for the hybrid stuff, $100 is the auto A/C, $250 for the rear disk brakes and $300 for the VSA. The base CRZ lacks fog lights that are standard on the fit sport.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Check your math! The difference is $650 on all models. Since the difference in price on Honda fits is $850 to go from a 5 speed to the CVT. From that we can conclude that Honda prices the 6 speed as a $200 upgrade over the 5 speed on the fit.

The other upgrades on the CRZ compared to a fit sport include the automatic A/C instead of manual, rear disk brakes instead of drums, VSA and of course the hybrid drivetrain. The total price difference is $2840 between a fit sport and a base CRZ. I figure about $2000 is for the hybrid stuff, $100 is the auto A/C, $250 for the rear disk brakes and $300 for the VSA. The base CRZ lacks fog lights that are standard on the fit sport.
yes, unfortunately in this particular forum/thread you have to wait until the admin approves of the post, then you can edit/see it... i noticed right after i posted that haha... i was posting from my iPhone and somehow misread something on that screen lol... but my bad :pat:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interesting.

In Japan the CVT and the manual car are the same price: 2,498,000 yen (= US$ 27,884) for the alpha version and 2268000 (= US$ 25,316) for the beta version.

This is the catalogue price, before any discounts are negotiated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got off the phone with the local dealerships in Phoenix Arizona. Apparently, from what they see so far, is on their allotment sheets, they are only getting CVT CR-Z's.... I sure don't hope that the first batch is only automatics.. I really want the 6-spd.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Could we preorder so we get the car we want right off the first truck?
Yes, Honda dealers put their orders in for cars about 3 months in advance. At approximately 2 months in advance they get a production date, then about 1 month out your car is produced and then the next month is shipping from wherever to your dealership. So to pre-order a car, you usually need about 3 months lead time.

My dealer is getting an allocation of only 1 CRZ per month. Their first one for delivery in August is spoken for and was ordered in late May. Their second one due for delivery in September had not been pre-ordered by a person, so the dealer specced it in a way that they thought would sell well from their lot. Their third car due in October is to be ordered for me as I specified. This order will officially be placed with Honda in July and in August we should get a firm production date for sometime in September.

Sometimes as a result of meeting sales targets, dealers get bonus cars in their allocations. So occasionally a dealer will find a car available at the last minute that had not expected to get.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.