Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see most of these on ebay. Pricy, But looks good.

I like the carbon Gauge Overlay piece. Looks Clean!

Just thought id share the links. I clicked for a long time to get here lol Cant understand a thing.

HondabHonda AccessbCR-ZbƒCƒ“ƒeƒŠƒA

HondabHonda AccessbCR-ZbƒGƒNƒXƒeƒŠƒA

HondabHonda AccessbCR-ZbƒZƒLƒ…ƒŠƒeƒBE‰^“]ƒTƒ|[ƒg
-Backup Camera?!

HondabHonda AccessbCR-ZbƒiƒrEƒI[ƒfƒBƒIEETC
-What is the etc module

HondabHonda AccessbCR-ZbƒJ[ƒPƒA

HondabHonda AccessbCR-Z

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
how does honda get around the SRS light when they put the recaros into the CRZ? or do the recaros have everything needed to bolt right in, and plug in to all the sensors needed?
A resistor. I'm not sure of the Ohm that the resistor needs to be. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
it doesnt make sense to me though. Why would you pay more for seats that make your car less safe by disabling portions of the SRS system. The issues with the seats are going to be 3 things.

1. The airbag
2. The sensor in the seat rails of the driver side seat used to detemine how close the driver is to the steering wheel and detemine how fast to open the airbag
3. the weight sensor in the passenger side seat for turning off the airbag for children and weight lower than 60lbs.

I would assume honda would work with recaro to make these seats fully compatable with OEM seats. I want these, but i would assume they would be a crap ton of money.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would agree with your points if the Recaros were for street use only, but these are likely intended more to be used at the track. In that regard, some of the air bags may actually become more of a liability. For example, the front driver's airbag may become quite a problem should it deploy while you are wearing a full face helmet. Presumably the impact of the bag hitting the chin guard can jack your head and do some significant damage. I've heard many recommend that if your car has an active airbag you should use an open-face helmet at the track. For daily driving, I don't believe these Recaros will be very comfortable. If, however, you do some track work, they may provide some advantages over the stock seats although there may be some liabilities as you point out.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I would agree with your points if the Recaros were for street use only, but these are likely intended more to be used at the track. In that regard, some of the air bags may actually become more of a liability. For example, the front driver's airbag may become quite a problem should it deploy while you are wearing a full face helmet. Presumably the impact of the bag hitting the chin guard can jack your head and do some significant damage. I've heard many recommend that if your car has an active airbag you should use an open-face helmet at the track. For daily driving, I don't believe these Recaros will be very comfortable. If, however, you do some track work, they may provide some advantages over the stock seats although there may be some liabilities as you point out.
ding ding ding!

I'd still run the Recaros on the street. I have my eyes on a set similar to the seats Honda offers. If you're not overweight, there's nothing better than a properly bolstered seat.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Recaro makes that seat. They supply it to Honda. You can find that exact seat from a Recaro dealer for much less than honda. Just go to Recaro's website and look around. You'll find what you like.

And yes, a simple resistor soldered in to the/a certain SRS wire will defeat the SRS light and any errors. I don't know the pin-out so I can't tell you how many wires there are and which one to install the resistor to.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Recaro makes that seat. They supply it to Honda. You can find that exact seat from a Recaro dealer for much less than honda. Just go to Recaro's website and look around. You'll find what you like.

And yes, a simple resistor soldered in to the/a certain SRS wire will defeat the SRS light and any errors. I don't know the pin-out so I can't tell you how many wires there are and which one to install the resistor to.
if you read my previous post, there are certain sensors you cant just throw a resistor on. Such as the seat rail sensors.

I didnt think to just ask recaro though, thats a good idea.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
If your using IE8, you can go to "page" and then "translate with Bing". It will not translate pics/graphics and some of the text translation is somewhat ambiguous, but it helps.

For the currency conversion, you can use XE - Universal Currency Converter it is Mcafee rated safe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.