Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning to all,

I'm trying to decide what Navigation system from Honda Access Europe to install in the CR-Z. I went to my closest dealership and they told me about two versions (SSD and the HDD), but they couldn’ tell me clearly what is the difference between the two versions.
I would like to know if there is anybody here from europe with the SSD or HDD version installed that could help me finding the main differences and with which of the navigation versions has Voice Controll and what type of voice commands do they have (Navigation, Telephone?).

I appreciate all the help you can give so I can make up my mind :thumbsup:

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can get the owner's manual for both the SSD and the HDD versions of the Honda Navigation System?

Best regards,
Igor Amado

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check this site out before you decide:

Navintegration.eu
Thank you for your reply, they seem to have interesting models in there , specially the TV feature, however I was very interested in the Voice Control feature and it seems that the Kenwood systems available to the CR-Z don't have it.
That's why I am interested in getting the manuals to understand what type of control is available by voice and if it is worth it.
Do you know where can I get it?

Best regards,
Igor Amado

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys,

I'm still trying to get more information about the navigation systems currently offered by Honda in Europe.
Currently there are two versions Honda Navigation System: SSD and HDD.

Can anyone tell me which of the two versions has voice control, and where can I get more detailed information about the two versions? Perhaps there is someone knows a Honda worker here? :)

Regards

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the feedback.

From what I have learned the Europe HDD version is a Honda customized version of Clarion MAX983HD and it has this features:
- 2-DIN All-In-One HDD Navigation
- Music Catcher music memory for up to 4000 songs
- Authentic graphic depiction of motorways
- Extremely fast route calculation
- TMC Pro integrated
- Double tuner
- Text to speech
- Voice control

- High definition 3D menu
- Selectebale user interface (additional downloadable interfaces online available)
- iPod direct control with multiple awarded user interface
- H.M.I user interface awarded with IF Award

The Text to Speech and the Voice Control part seems to be in order but I would like to understand what kind of control you can have. In this Honda customized version do you also have voice control for climatization, telephone, navigation or just navigation.
Anyone know what type of controls they have?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi again everyone,

I was able to obtain information from Honda Europe on specification differences between the Europe SSD and HDD Navigation Systems.
They sent me this PDF File
Hope it is of some use to someone as it was to me since this information isn't available anywhere on the internet/dealers.
The last page is in Portuguese (let me know if you any help translating) but the most important part is the comparison table in the first 2 pages.
Very enlightening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.