Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tried to fit my bike in, but it didn't quite fit.

However, if you took off your front wheel and leaned the passenger seat forward, it just might fit. You'd have to be careful though and put a blanket or pad down as it would be tight and you'd not want to tear up the carpeting getting it in.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just tried it again ... don't want to steer you wrong.

Don't have quick-release and my bike is a mountain bike with the seat up really high which makes it wider, but ... still, not sure if would fit even with the wheel off.

The problems are 1) the trunk narrows toward the back so you don't have the full width of the vehicle to maneuver which you need if you are going to put it in at an angle to rest part of the bike on the passenger seat back and 2) it is just barely long enough with the wheel off but in trying to maneuver it in you have to get it just right. You'd need someone at the passenger seat and someone at the back to get it positioned just right, I'd say.

Even if you could get it to just fit, you'd also have to figure out a way to prevent putting dings in the molding.

For me with no wheel release ... it's a definite no. For you, a questionable maybe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody else? I'm in he same dilemma. I want to put my 56cm road bike in the back. I do it all the time in my Civic. Just pull the front wheel off and drop the back seat down. It fits no problem. I want a CRZ, but guess I'll have to take a tape measure down to the dealership first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I splurged on a bike bag from BikeNashbar. Have to take off both wheels, seat, and the handlebars to get it in the bag, but it fits beautifully! I would love to put a trunk rack on it but the drag my deep V wheels would create makes me cringe.

·
Registered
136 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.