Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is true crz2luv. Could have ended up like soooo many other concepts and just stayed and concept and never seen the market. I can wait for now just would hope there is no more delays

·
Registered
133 Posts
Last Half of 2010

All of the reliable sources I have read have been saying U.S. release will be in last half of '10. And yes, there is a good chance that Canada will get it before us, probably in May.

Originally, it was announced that Europe would get it first, even before Japan. That has obviously changed, and we are the beneficiaries of an earlier delivery. My guess is that Japanese Honda may wait until the Detroit show in January, (where the actual production version will be shown) to gauge U.S. reaction and adjust production and delivery schedules accordingly.

I ordered mine in January, 2008 after the debut at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. You can imagine the questions my local Honda dealer had about the "unknown" Honda I was leaving a deposit on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would be surprised if Canada gets it first, but more power to them I guess.

Can't believe you already ordered one oldchap!!!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i thought Europe was May 2010 not April?? and i believe US is 3rd quarter which is closer to the end of Summer beginning of Fall... so figure dealerships start ordering them around September and first ones should start rolling in around October... Honda usually releases their cars around this time...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure what the acutal meaning of "release date" is, but I doubt we'll see any CR-Zs at dealerships in May here in Germany. On autobild.de (local car mag) they say release will be in June, and on Honda Germany's official site the only mention of the CR-Z is a link to a microsite (liveeverylitre.com) that is all about doing a promo movie for the CR-Z. Shooting is supposed to start in May. Doubt the first people buying will have their wheels any time before September really...

That timing isn't to bad for me personally though -- think I'll officially start my mid-life crisis by getting a used Lotus S1 Elise for the summer, and the CR-Z will be a fine set of wheels for the winter then :).

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
"release date" for Honda usually means that's when the website gets updated to show actual info on the car like all the official spec/pricing/trim/etc... the dealerships will also start taking "official" orders on them at that time... anytime before that "release date" the sales people also won't really have much info on a new release vehicle...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Honda of America told me today it will either be released at the end of March like the 2010 Insight last year or the 3rd quarter of this year. I assuming and hoping that it will be in March! Honda already has the CRZ posted on their website main page as if it's something that coming soon. I don't think that they would put it on there just to keep it up there for the next 6 months or so. But hey that what I think, who knows.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As I noted in another post, my dealer has it on good authority from an executive at American Honda that the CR-Z "launch" will be in September. I hope the March rumor turns out to be true, but it conflicts with releases dates mentioned for other countries,

·
Registered
349 Posts
As I noted in another post, my dealer has it on good authority from an executive at American Honda that the CR-Z "launch" will be in September. I hope the March rumor turns out to be true, but it conflicts with releases dates mentioned for other countries,
I hope the executive is wrong. I hear summer from most reviews.
March would be ideal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The first 21 days of March are still winter. Then spring runs until June 21. Most of September is still summer. American Honda has been saying "late summer" all along to the automotive press. In the meanwhile, you'll be able to read many "first drive" articles in the car mags to help with your buying decision if you're still unsure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So, I've already come across some posts on other boards about CR-Z sitings on the West Coast.

Is August really the release date?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts