Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official thread detailing the Honda CRZ release date across different countries.

Canada: August 10th, 2010 - RELEASED
Europe: June 2010 - RELEASED
Japan: February 2010 - RELEASED
Singapore: 2012
USA: August 24th, 2010 - RELEASED

italics - speculative date
bold - confirmed

Feel free to add or post any updates and changes and I will edit the thread appropriately.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hope we'll see the CRZ by next summer. On a recent trip to my local Honda dealer, I mentioned my interest in the upcoming CRZ - the salesman looked at me like I was on drugs.

While it's never a surprise that the dealer is the last to learn about his product, it's still sad...

·
Registered
41 Posts
From time to time I stop by my local Honda dealer since they have free wifi and cookies. I have the CRZ set as my wallpaper on my laptop. A salesperson noticed it and said that looked like a "nice car, what is it?". I replied that it was a Honda that will go on sale next year. I told him what I knew and after about 3 minutes there were 3 other salespeople huddled around my laptop looking at the crzforum.com and looking at pictures.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You raise an interesting point Tim. I wonder how often Honda car dealerships are updated on new cars/trucks/etc. Wonder if its up to themselves as salesmen to research the info or if info is eventually provided by the dealership a month or so before the car launches.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The dealership does train sale people before and during a model releases. I doubt though they do much training for models not due out several months from now. Even with training I don't think most of the sales folks are up on all the technology as we are. They do know intimately the money they will make on each car they sell though.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It appears as if the UK release date may be pushed back some.

Channel4 said:
The two-seater's key feature is Honda's IMA hybrid technology and insiders say this concept is 95% production ready.

It's (CRZ) billed as a rival to Volkwagen's Scirocco and is due for launch in the second half of 2010. UK prices will probably start at around £18,000.

Link: http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=19765
The second half of 2010 is a far different release date from the previously mentioned April 2010.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Updated with new information from Honda's website quoting:

Premiering at the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show, the latest CR-Z concept provided a glimpse at Honda's first sporty hybrid coupe, which will be formally unveiled in production form at Detroit's North American International Auto Show in January 2010. The 2-seat CR-Z combines futuristic styling, driving enjoyment and the latest in Honda hybrid technology. As striking as the car's sleek lines are, it's the environmental performance under the hood that sets it apart. Due to hit the streets in the second half of 2010, the CR-Z is that place in the universe where sport and efficiency meet.
Assume this will push back the Canadian release date back as well. Updated the initial first post also.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.