• $35,000 to $45,000

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • More than $45,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has to be under 30k loaded any more then that and they will sit on the lots. So figure 24k to start and if it starts at under 20k good luck finding one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get the feeling most of you were not driving or maybe even not around in 89, but my CRX Si new cost under 10K then. People bought them because the were fun, and affordable. Let's hope they keep these two factors in line when the CRZ arrives.

I'm betting on a starting point well under 20k.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am doubting under 20k and for sure not well under 20k. The Insight was built as the first "affordable" hybrid car out there and it is just barely under 20k. While the CRZ is a little smaller it is built with a larger engine and hopefully a better IMA system as well. There is no way they could build it for much under 20 without pulling a Toyota and taking a loss on each one sold. I dont think Honda is going to do that so I think the best that can be hoped for is around 20k if Honda wants to sell a bunch and if the supply is limited they will most likly jack the price higher into the mid 20s as rumored.

·
Registered
73 Posts
People bought them because the were fun, and affordable. Let's hope they keep these two factors in line when the CRZ arrives.
Exactly. Mine was a blast to drive, I would spend every other summer night just cruising around in it, had lots of memories with my CRX.

I'm really hoping the CRZ can bring back lots of those memories and make me love driving again like I did with my CRX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see the car selling right around 27000. This seems to be very common for newer cars and we don't see that many going for much less than 25000 these days

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm starting to think I overestimated by saying $37,500 will all the features. I'm thinking all options in and it will be just over $30,000.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Getting worried:

Looks like:
Only a 2-seater
Only a manual tranny
Only one engine option

Sounds more like a niche product. Looking at how they priced both the Insight and Crosstour I'm hoping we don't get a 25,000 starting tag :unsure:

·
Registered
693 Posts
This price discussion reminds me of when the NSX was first coming out. The early rumors were that was Honda was looking to develop a sports car for $35 to $40K then it became $40 to $50K.

Then, when the car was actually released, it was $60K and I felt so betrayed! I would have been able to swing $35K, maybe $40K, but at $60K I was left out in the cold. I was so mad, I remember leaving the dealer just fuming and telling my wife that they wouldn't sell any at that outrageous price. As it turned out the first year of cars typically sold for $10 to $40K OVER the $60k list. How wrong I was.

In the end I bought my first NSX, a 1991 with 10,000 miles, in 1995 for $40k.

The CRZ is an econbox with style. It will not be more than $25K, I think the base model will be $22K, but dealers will want an extra $2000 to $4000 during the first 6 months it's out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The CRZ is an econbox with style. It will not be more than $25K, I think the base model will be $22K, but dealers will want an extra $2000 to $4000 during the first 6 months it's out.
DON'T GIVE THE DEALERS MORE THAN STICKER!!! Those guys are crooks! We're stupid if we pay more than sticker. Especially in these hard economic times. Honda will price the car for what the market will bear, and only greedy dealers will have an addendum to the MSRP. I sold Honda's in the early 1990's and people would pay $5,000.00 over sticker just for a green color car. I never understood why. :huh:

I'm guessing $22K for the CR-Z. Maybe the Si will be $27K.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Take Advantage of the Dealers NOW

When you're certain you want one of the first CR-Z's to hit your dealer's showroom, write up a simple contract and take it to the dealer and ask how much of a deposit they require to guarantee first delivery.

Right now, most dealers have no knowledge whatsoever of the CR-Z and will gladly take your money. I did this some time ago and got by with a $500 deposit. My contract requires the dealer to sell at MSRP or less, six-speed only, acceptable colors, no nav unless standard and no dealer equipment options.

You can probably do the same deal, but don't wait too long. This is one of the advantages of Honda being so secretive
about new models...the dealers are in the dark and an informed consumer can make sure he's not gouged by the dealer when a hot model comes along.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Honda would be smart to create a DX/HF/SI lineup like the CRX had: DX would be a very basic standard model (starting around $19k and ~40mpg), HF could have more options as well as gearing for MPG's at the expense of acceleration (starting around $21k and ~44 mpg), and an SI with the 2.0L drivetrain from the civic SI, sport suspension wheels and tires, and hybrid (IMA) of course, to achieve excellent peformance and RELATIVELY good MPG for a sporty car (starting around $24k and ~36 mpg). I would opt for the SI, and I hope Honda is reading this

·
Registered
25 Posts
Honda would be smart to create a DX/HF/SI lineup like the CRX had: DX would be a very basic standard model (starting around $19k and ~40mpg), HF could have more options as well as gearing for MPG's at the expense of acceleration (starting around $21k and ~44 mpg), and an SI with the 2.0L drivetrain from the civic SI, sport suspension wheels and tires, and hybrid (IMA) of course, to achieve excellent peformance and RELATIVELY good MPG for a sporty car (starting around $24k and ~36 mpg). I would opt for the SI, and I hope Honda is reading this

I really like this idea and would be in for a SI model, maybe even the Mugen kit on it too but it depends what the price would be.

Is the Mugen kit going to be a big price upgrade?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i'm looking to see it some where around 17ish for the base and 18-19k for the ex and if there will be a si (wich i think there might be judging how the older civic hatch and crx were) it will be 21-22k range

·
Registered
14 Posts
In one of the videos at Honda's website, one of the honda management guys said it will be a little more expensive than the Insight. Since the Insight ranges in price from $19,800 (base) to $23,100 (EX w/Nav), I'm guessing you can probably add at least $1k to those numbers, and more likely around $2k.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts