Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been posted here before. Stumbled upon it today.

Honda CRZ Official Website

Not really any information but is the official page. Has a newsletter to sign up for to get more info about the car too.

Info from the site:

CR-Z. A sporty hybrid concept from Honda

Futuristic styling. Hybrid power. Advanced interior design. And it's all wrapped up in a lightweight, fun-to-drive package. What a concept! It’s the Honda CR-Z concept, to be exact, and it made its North American debut at the 2008 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.

And now it's official: a CR-Z based on the concept vehicle will go into production and be on sale in 2010.

Shorthand for “Compact Renaissance Zero,” the CR-Z is a forward-thinking exercise in inspired design and environmental technology. The CR-Z draws its inspiration from a need to deliver spirited performance in an efficient manner. It’s all part of our commitment to help effect positive environmental change. So keep on the lookout for more details about the CR-Z.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Is there an expected official site launch? I tried hondacrz.com and its not even a CRZ site. I signed up for the newsletter....yet to receive anything

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pretty sure Honda is well past that point. There is way to much hype around the internet and a huge gap in the market for a sporty hybrid, not releasing the CRZ would be stupid.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Looks like Honda put out an update to the Honda CRZ website.

Added the following:
Premiering at the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show, the latest CR-Z concept provided a glimpse at Honda's first sporty hybrid coupe, which will be formally unveiled in production form at Detroit's North American International Auto Show in January 2010. The 2-seat CR-Z combines futuristic styling, driving enjoyment and the latest in Honda hybrid technology. As striking as the car's sleek lines are, it's the environmental performance under the hood that sets it apart. Due to hit the streets in the second half of 2010, the CR-Z is that place in the universe where sport and efficiency meet.
Looks like it is official that the CRZ will not see North America until the second half of 2010 now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well hopefully it will be like the Insight and it released weeks early so maybe so I would guess anywhere from June to Dec for here in the USA.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's crazy!!! Has any good come out of Tokyo yet!!! I want this car for next summer driving, not for the fall :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
"Shorthand for 'Compact Renaissance Zero'"

Just when I think I can't possibly find yet one more thing to love about this car, there is revealed another facet of its total awesomeness of which I had previously been unaware.

That is a most excellent name. I had been looking for some kind of fitting and unique badge or sticker for placement on the blank back of the spoiler where the mugen would go (if it were not a knockoff) - I shall craft one with that proper designation. :grin2:

Man, I love this car!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
looks like the US and UK sites are dead, but the Japan site is still active... And there's a couple colors we didn't get in the US... Premium Yellow Metallic looks pretty good!

Also, all the two-tone factory paint schemes... definitely digging the black on red, and I need to go buy some black paint...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts