·
Registered
91 Posts
I would love to see the 2016 numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,573 Posts
I bought my new 2014 this month. I love the car!
Welcome:wavey: We would love to see an intro thread from you and find out more about your adopted CR-Z and how you will make it yours. We call this Moditis and it is incurable( well until you run out of money)!

Has the airbag recall been taken care of? Have you had the under hood 12 Volt battery Load tested?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome:wavey: We would love to see an intro thread from you and find out more about your adopted CR-Z and how you will make it yours. We call this Moditis and it is incurable( well until you run out of money)!

Has the airbag recall been taken care of? Have you had the under hood 12 Volt battery Load tested?
Yes, the recall has been taken care of. I didn't think about load testing the battery. Sitting on the lot that long probably isn't the greatest for it right?

·
Super Moderator
4,573 Posts
Yes, the recall has been taken care of. I didn't think about load testing the battery. Sitting on the lot that long probably isn't the greatest for it right?
In general these cars like to be driven. The car has no alternator so the batteries are charged by the IMA motor. If it is a 2014 left over I would think the IMA battery may have been affected but I know for sure the under hood battery was not happy about it. There is a sticker under the hood on my 2013 that says to drive it 30 minutes a month for the IMA battery. Better to Load test the under hood battery and find out it is happy than to not test and be stranded. One dealer tested mine when I asked them to with the car running, this is incorrect the car should be off when the battery is load tested. Mine was replaced at a little over 2 years and that was after the car sat for 5 days not being driven.

How many miles were on yours and I hope your dealer did not swirl the hell out of your paint the way mine was .

I just want all of our CR-Zs to be happy and have long lives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It had like 140 miles when I got it. I will load test the 12V battery this weekend. I read the same don't let the car sit for over a month warning in the owners manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just located last of the 2016 EX-L 6MT in Aegan Blue.
Expecting unexpected. Never drove CR-Z but love the looks and always wanted to get one of these little suckers.
Coming from world of M and GT-R. This, for sure will be a different experience.
Looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Forza Azzuri!
(Bad Boys Blue Garage)

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
Just located last of the 2016 EX-L 6MT in Aegan Blue.
Expecting unexpected. Never drove CR-Z but love the looks and always wanted to get one of these little suckers.
Coming from world of M and GT-R. This, for sure will be a different experience.
Looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Forza Azzuri!
(Bad Boys Blue Garage)
Good choice of the rare Aegean Blue. Welcome, and post a new thread with some pics in the new member threads when you can:
New Member Introduction - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

·
Registered
45 Posts
At the risk of gaining the title of thread necromancer here, I'd be very interested in seeing recent sales statistics. I've been seeing a LOT of Z's around San Diego, and I'm wondering if it's got something to do with Honda giving them away for chump change. Several Honda dealers in my area (that somehow acquired my postal information) have been badgering me about all of the clearance sales they're having on CRZ's. Kind of a double whammy- seeing more of my car on the road while simultaneously making me wish I'd waited an extra 4 months to get mine :grin2::crying:

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
Interesting how flat the sales were after Oct of 2011. What happened?
Yeah, and total lifetime sales never matched any single-year sales of the CRX, except its final year.
Honda CRX US car sales figures

Was there a 2011 model year recall that caused the sales to tank? .....or, did gas prices drop at that time?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd wager marketing vs. no marketing.

I remember being excited about the CR-Z ahead of its release. Marketing disappeared afterwards.
Honda aren't dummies, and I assume they decided against investing the $ into marketing the vehicle due to a lackluster first year performance and low/no anticipated returns from marketing.
It's a shame really. I'd love to see a 2nd generation CR-Z with similar styling and that 1.5 Turbo, and a decorative back seat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think you are at least partially right. The earthquake happened in March 2011, which coincides with the dramatic drop in sales. There was another big aftershock in April. A local dealer told me that summer that they could not get any more Zs for a while because production had been halted due to unavailability of parts. There was no mention of the factory being damaged, but parts suppliers for the Z were unable to meet delivery schedules. Maybe this, in combination with lack of promotion by Honda after normal production resumed, was the cause.

341 - 360 of 360 Posts